It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 04:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

captnanny HB User
Another fentynal taper/already feeling scared

Hi its me capt, I haven't been posting the past couple of days but have been reading the posts. I have to say there are a lot of us who are going through the same thing. MS1 this feeling of no energy is terrible, as well as the depression. For me I'm on day 12 of the first taper and just now am really feeling the "fake pain" they said accompanies detox. My brain is trying to trick me into thinking, believing and feeling that I really need something for pain. I know I don't I am six months out of surgery and medically, have no reason for pain levels to be at a 10. Well the depression let up for two days. I was so grateful, I thanked God all day long. Yesterday it came back, I think it was situational from an event at work. I wanted to use it as an excuse so bad to either not go down yet, or take more. NO WAY, I don't think I can handle another detox. That's why I am scared to go down again on Friday. Will it be the same route as the last time? OH man it better not be. I have to try to not set myself up for sabotaging myself into believing it will be. Every time might be different. Everyone is different.
Has anyone tapered off like this before and have the same horrible reactions each taper?

Old 10-02-2007, 07:23 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

mudbone HB User
Re: Another fentynal taper/already feeling scared

Hi capt, I just got out of detox last week, while in there they knew of my back/nerve pain. The dr started me on cymbalta. I'm not saying this is for you but for me it has lessoned the sharpness of my pain to a tolerable point. I also am now taking ibuprphen and it helps. My point-after your detox that may be an option to not only help with pain, but depression too. I have not been on it long enough to say its helping my depression, but it has helped pain - wise. Good luck on your taper!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread