It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
(female)

StartingOver07 HB User
Coming off Marijuana is killing me right now

I have been smoking pot everyday maybe 10 x a day for 14 years. I made the commitment to quit when my neighbors kids got taken away via CPS for drinking too much (this is legal mind you). Anyone have any advice on what to do during the detox (yes there is one for pot). I am in such a baaaad mood, I cant eat or sleep. uuuurrrggg I would love some advice what I can do? Thank you and this board is AMAZING. Buckeye Tim are you still around????:?

Old 10-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #2
(female)

ADDrienne HB User
Re: Coming off Marijuana is killing me right now

Ther is no easy way to go through this. You have to give your body a chance to regulate itself. So, time is what you have. 10x a day for 14 years has altered your brain chemistry. You can inquire with your dr or a treatment facility for any help with the symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
(female)

StartingOver07 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDrienne View Post
Ther is no easy way to go through this. You have to give your body a chance to regulate itself. So, time is what you have. 10x a day for 14 years has altered your brain chemistry. You can inquire with your dr or a treatment facility for any help with the symptoms.

You really think it has altered my chemistry? I never thought of that. I always thought it was natural and all that bs that people say about it. But I really feel the affects of not smoking.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:04 AM   #4
(female)

Ladywicked HB User

It's been 2 weeks since my last smoke and my body is just starting to come good, I was smoking it more than that in one day, and yes it alters your chemistry. I am at the tail end of it, as I've quit before. I had the sweats, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, had bowel issues(won't go into details), felt sick, in my opinion, just drink plenty of water, try some St Johns Wort(I was taking 3 a day, helps with your mood and sleeping).

Good luck to you, and keep going your doing so good

Old 10-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
(female)

StartingOver07 HB User

I ENVY you right now. OMG, I cant think past today right now and the thought of 2 weeks scares me. I am feeling the same thing, no eating, sleeping, anxiety, and not so much the bowel issue thank goodness. I did not think is was possible to smoke more than me. It really scares me to think my chemistry is messed up cause of it?????How does that happen??? I am going to a meeting tonight hopefully? It is hard to find MA out here in palm springs.thanks lady and keep me posted on your progress as you are my inspiration

Old 10-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #6
(female)

rachel30 HB User

I quit 3 months ago after 10 years of at least once daily use. It's hard to take away your primary coping mechanism in life (or that's what it was for me). You have to find a new way to unwind/cope with the day/life. I'm in therapy for that, but it's sooo hard. No hard research on long-term use changing brain chemistry, but it makes sense. Kind of like benzodiazepines (like valium) slow the firing of your brain, I think MJ does too. When you stop these substances, your brain has to learn how to make it's own calming chemicals again. How long does that take I wonder?I do think the first couple of weeks are the worst if that helps anyone.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

johnnyrebel HB User

make sure you exercise and eat lots of healthy food throughout the day. do some aerobic calesthenics exercises or go for a jog when you feel like smokin it helps alot

Last edited by johnnyrebel; 10-08-2007 at 09:55 PM.

Closed Thread