It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 08:13 AM   #1
(female)

annie82188 HB User
Recovering from using ecstasy

Hi, I recently quit using ecstasy. I've was using for about a year, and my use was once or twice a week. I also took two 1 month breaks in between. During all of this, I was experimenting with other drugs like PCP, cocaine, and I've also been smoking marijuana daily for about 3 years. I quit doing everything about two months ago. I've smoked marijuana a few times, but don't enjoy it because I don't feel any effects (?). My problem is that I feel like I have no feelings. Certain things happen in my life, and I can't even force myself to cry. I get angry, and happy, but it doesn't feel like much. I've had thoughts of doing ecstasy just to make myself feel again, but I don't know if this "no feeling" thing will go away. The first few weeks after not taking ecstasy, I didn't notice any change in myself. I felt normal, then a month or two goes by, and I feel terrible. Even on the weekends, I don't have the motivation to do anything because I'm so used to ecstasy being involved. Anyone have any advice? Thank you

Old 10-04-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Re: Recovering from using ecstasy

Dear Annie, I wish I had some good advise for you. I've never used ecstasy or coke, my drug of choice is hydrocodone. I've been without for 5 weeks. It was not a planned "coming clean" because I didn't realize the extent of my addiction and ran out. While I'm on cymbalta and it's helped a little, I'm still depressed and not motivated to do anything. My husband and I used to smoke alot of pot in our younger days. He does not know of my addiction and feeling sorry for me, got me some pot. I've smoked it a few times since he got it but it does not make me feel the way I want to. It actually makes me feel paranoid. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in the way you feel. I have to force myself to go to work, clean the house, pay the bills, etc. I'm hoping this will pass soon for both of us and everyone else on this board.
JB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2007, 04:53 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Re: Recovering from using ecstasy

hey annie - dont worry, im sure you're gonna be fine.

Its hard at the moment cause you are breaking a cycle of habit which can mess with your head. giving up weed also kind of messes you up to. the ecstacy messes with the seratonin levels in your head - it will take time for your bodys chemical imbalance to right its self. but you're doing the right thing - do as bferg says, use omega oils etc - this will help/cant do any harm. i caned E's/Pure MDMA/Ket in the late 80's early 90's during the "Acid House" era & smoked weed from the age of 14 - 32 (very heavily towards the end - i also used H for the comedowns -which is 1 of the reasons im posting on here.) so i know how you feel & at the moment you may feel 'nothing' & emotionally empty - but these things will return with bang - and you'll be laughing and crying like never before.
hang in there - you're doing the right thing. post back and keep us all up to date with whats going on?

= you very soon

keep on keepin on

yoss22

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Closed Thread