It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #1
(female)

mistryluv HB User
questions re: vicodin withdrawal

I was abusing vicodins over the summer. I quit the vicodins, went through miserable flu-like withdrawals for about 2 weeks realized I was in serious physical pain that had been masked by the vics, went to the doctor, found out I had a labral tear and got back on the vics.

I am currently taking 2 5/500 at night along with a flexiril although on the weekends, I might take 4 (not all at once). I have been going to PT for the last 2 mos, and am scheduled to see an Orthopedist next week to determine the next step. In the meantime it has been vicodin vicodin vicodin. I can't function physically without it. I'm starting to get frustrated. I'm sure I am physically hooked on the stuff again. Do you think there will be much of a withdrawal? I know the withdrawals suck.

How screwed am I???? Do you think I will get very sick when I quit? Do you think I'll be able to quit? Am I a screwed up opiate addict now?!

I wish that I knew what was going to happen with my shoulder. I'm afraid that my pain pill tolerance will be so high that I won't be able to make it go away after surgery.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Re: questions re: vicodin withdrawal

Dear Mistryluv, I also have an addiction to vicidan, 2 yrs that started after a surgery. I never took high doses, usually took 2 or 4 at the most a day. I was in denial about my addiction. Then I ran out and couldn't get more. My withdrawal was not horrible, I just didn't feel good, fatigue, body aches, stomach issues and complete lack of appetite. Went to the dr thinking something was wrong with my health. I was very depressed and she prescribed cymbalta. I have to say it helped, I've been without for 5 weeks now but still crave it terribly. I've had horrible headaches the past 2 days and I know if I had some available would have taken them for the pain. I too am concerned that should I suffer from severe pain, that the pain meds will not kill the pain. I am quite miserable with the headaches that also affect my neck. Probably tension headaches. I have no real advise to offer because I am still mourning the lack of my vic. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I've made it 5 weeks now and desperatly do not want to resume the abuse. At the same time, I want the vics more than anything. I am hoping to make it thru this horrible addiction and wish you luck with yours and controlling the pain without them.

JB

Last edited by granny0; 10-04-2007 at 06:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread