It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

StartingOver07 HB User
where does this monster come from????

OMG, where does this evil person come from when you are detoxing????? i cant even reconize myself. eeewww.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
(male)

Darrin120 HB User
Re: where does this monster come from????

That evil monster comes from the wreckage from your past. It's your disease putting up a fight. But don't give up, because you will get better. Just do it one day at a time. I don't even know you but I know the disease and it is beatable. I believe in you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2007, 12:02 PM   #3
(female)

StartingOver07 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin120 View Post
That evil monster comes from the wreckage from your past. It's your disease putting up a fight. But don't give up, because you will get better. Just do it one day at a time. I don't even know you but I know the disease and it is beatable. I believe in you.
Thanks Darrin,
I really could use the encouragement. I am really going through it really hard. I am quitting two things at once. I am really having anxiety and just being on this board helps. By the way, my best friend lives in OC. Tustin
Thank you so much for you words

Old 10-08-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
(female)

rozetat2 HB User

whats going on with you Starting Over? What are you detoxing from? Maybe you could jump in a hot bath with some lavendar oil and candles and listen to some soothing music and maybe the monster will take a break! Hope you feel better

Old 10-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #5
(female)

StartingOver07 HB User

thank you and that sounds grrrrreat. It has died down a little but the anxiety is here.I am coming off norcos and pot. I have smoked pot for 14 years now and I am sooo dooone. I want my energy back. thanks for the support. I need it right now.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #6
(female)

rozetat2 HB User

Hey StartingOver
What made you decide to quit pot if you dont mind me asking? Ive got a friend who smokes everyday-- he used to only do it on weekends, now its a full time deal and i notice when he does not smoke it he is very mean and angry. Im just wondering, is it the same wanting to quit pot like it would be with opiates.... for ie., depression, etc.? Im trying to get off suboxone, and its a total nightmare. I will be finished this month--- and my brain is already playing games with me. Good luck to you--

Old 11-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #7
(male)

Darrin120 HB User

Just checking to see how your battle is coming along. Are you winning? Just remember, one day at a time is all you need to do. Then those days will add up and life will get better, not necessarily easier...just better. Take care

Darrin

Closed Thread