It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

mudbone HB User
2 week mark!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to Boag, Submom, Granny, and all the others that have given me encouragement and hope. Sunday will be 2 weeks for me off a big habit. I have been layin around, legs hurting, back hurting, just feelin like shat. Today my kids were getting the better of my last nerve to fix their golf cart. Well, 6 batteries and 12 terminals took 3 hours in the florida sun, I thought boy was that an accomplishment. Then I heard the hedge trimmers of my neighbor We have always trimmed our hedges at the same day so our houses looked good from the road. I thought I was gonna pass out! But I did it! I came in and rested for about an hour and I actually felt the best since detox 2 weeks ago. So I took my kids golf cart and went cruisin! Had a ball splashing through puddles & mud! Now here I am still feeling better! What everyone said was true- even though ya dont feel like doin anything just do it and it really worked! So thats my update. For those that have detoxed, hang in there, it does get better!!!

Old 10-06-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
(female)

MYSISSYGIRLS HB User
Re: 2 week mark!

ThaT is totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that you are feeling better and you had such a good day and I know your kids had to love it also.
best wishes,
tami

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

Mudbone, congrats to you for making yourself do something you didn't feel like doing and feeling good at 2 week mark. I'm at 5 weeks and still feeling like crap. Wondering if it's the Cymbalta dr put me on for depression. Anyway, keep on doing what you are doing because it is working!
JB

Old 10-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #4
(female)

MYSISSYGIRLS HB User

grannyo,
my daugher was just removed from cymbalta , she is 3 months clean on sub,trazadone . the cymbalta just made her feel like crap, she didnt do anything. she was just switched to wellbutrin but hasnt started it yet and i hope she does soon because she is very edgy,no patience and totally stressed all the time. she may have to be removed from all these meds soon she just found out she is pregnant , she hasnt decided what she is doing if going through with pregnancy or not. i cant imagine how she is going to do this with out the help of her meds. especially anti depressent. good luck to you and my prayers are with you.
tami

Old 10-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #5
(female)

StartingOver07 HB User

that is great and I know how the littlest things can seem so monumental. Good job and CONGRADULATIONS!!! You are inspiring. Thank you

mara

Old 10-07-2007, 04:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

Mud,

You may recognize me from the pain management board. I just wanted to say that I am so proud of you, and your strength. When I read your first post, about being fed up, I can totally relate. I am so tempted to not even go to my monthly appt. I hate dealing with all the hoops and crap associated with being on these meds. Just the stigma of the Oxy is enough! My fiancee says don't do it though. He says, "do you remember how bad it was BEFORE pain management"? I do, but it's still so frustrating.

I just wanted to tell you that I support you 100%, and that you are a truly brave person for stepping into the unknown with this. You give me the strength to know that one day, if I do prefer the pain over the meds, I can do it. Good Luck my friend, and don't be a stranger!

Your Friend,

Amanda

Old 10-07-2007, 06:20 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

mudbone HB User

Hi Amanda! Been a few eeks since Ive seen ya post lol! I guess its like that new Santana song - "Into the night" where Chad sings about having the devil pulled right out of him. Sort of like how I feel or felt... Had to get that monkey off my back and find an alternative to my pain which so far is working reasonbly well. I am scheduling an epidural for increased help with that nerve. Glad to hear from ya!

Old 10-07-2007, 06:32 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Hi Mudbone! I know you don't know me, but just wanted to pop in and say God bless you and congratulations on your 2 week mark! I too know what 2 weeks means in recovery and am currently trying to rebattle nicotine relapse, but by the grace of God will be able to restart "smobriety" again. I am so glad you're feeling better and this is a wonderful board to share your thoughts with. We're all routing for you and send big hugs to you. Take care & enjoy your freedom--Hopeto--

Closed Thread