It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ilovejoaquim HB User
what is going on? I WAS doing good :( and now i'm depressed.

what is going on with me? I'm losing hope.
I was doing great for a while. I quit percosets and oxy's a few weeks ago. Since then I only took 2 oxy's in the past few weeks and that's it which i'm really proud of myself because I use to take alot in just one day.
But the past few days i've been taking at least 2 percosets a day. Still that is really good considering how much I use to take before but last week I didn't take any at all and I didn't need them or crave them. The past few days i've been craving them and i've been giving in to the cravings and i been taking about 10mg's a day of percosets. I know that's not alot but I was doing good last week and this week i'm falling back down again. I'm really deperessed and dissapointed with myself. My relationship with my fiance is falling down again and I don't know if i'm taking percosets because my relationship is flopping or if because my relationship is flopping because i'm taking percs. I don't know which comes first. I'm just really upset at myself and i'm starting to give up hope and faith.
I need some encouragement from somebody. I don't know what to do. I'm very depressed I gave in.

please help with some words of advice.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Re: what is going on? I WAS doing good :( and now i'm depressed.

Hey there, it seems that withdrawal and depression go hand in hand. When I ran out of hydrocodone, besides the withdrawal, I became extremely depressed. It took everything I had to get up and go to work everyday. My house was a mess and I didn't care. Quit putting on the makeup for work, etc. Dr put me on Cymbalta, which I would not recommend because I think I have every side effect that comes with it. Particulary headaches from hell. I was 5 weeks clean when some I had ordered in early September came in the mail Saturday. I took 2 right away because my head hurt too bad to resist. It did dull the pain, but the good thing is the hydro did not make me feel "good" like it did when I was taking it everyday. I'm calling dr to get on a different anti-deppressant and when I get rid of these headaches, the hydo is getting flushed. Sorry if my post does not give you hope. I just wanted to let you know that the depression is normal. Best wishes and hang in there!
JB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

quit taking the pills.good luck-spark

Old 10-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #4
(male)

mlfoley HB User

Hi friends,
Depression always comes after heavy narcotic detox. The day I took my last Suboxone my Dr. put me on a short coarse of Wellbutran (sp?) and I haven't had any dpression yet and in 2 days I'll be 6 weeks off the narcotics.
Good Luck,
mlfoley

Closed Thread