It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
(female)

mtnj HB User
i am new here and would like some advice pls!

ive been addicted to pain killers for about 6 yrs now off and on mostly on. im 30 yrs old, had a baby 7 mos. ago, i had quit almost 100% when preggers and once i delivered they gave me 2 percs right after delivering and oh my god i missed the feeling and 4 the next 2 days at the hospital they kept me on 5 mg percs every 4 hours!! it was heaven...but unfortunately this started my addiction again!! then i had knee problems, got a script for percs...and so on and so on. its sick. horrible. anyways, i finally got so digusted with myself for being in such a haze and being so f'ing weak i called this psychiatrist and saw him last night, and he gave me a script for subexone (sp?)....i havent taken any pain killers since yesterday at noon, so ill take my 1st dose of subexone at noon right? its weird i dont even feel that sick....is it too soon to feel very ill? im congested and am getting hot and cold and no appetite.

anyways anything you can suggest to make this process go smoother would be greatly appreciated. im looking forward to a clean and sober life. im sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-TT

Old 10-09-2007, 06:53 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User
Re: i am new here and would like some advice pls!

Welcome to the board!! You've come to the right place to receive encouragement and understanding. There is a thread at the top of this board called "home detox plan". Believe it or not some things in there will help you a lot. Just realizing you are done is such a big step! Just be strong and never forget the way you felt when you realized you had enough and was sick of it! I'm on suboxone as well, and it's a life saver. I tried without it, but could not quit on my own. The withdrawals were too bad. Take things one day at a time, because it won't be easy.. but I'm here if you need anyone to talk to!

g8trgrl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2007, 07:10 AM   #3
(female)

mtnj HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8trgrl15 View Post
Welcome to the board!! You've come to the right place to receive encouragement and understanding. There is a thread at the top of this board called "home detox plan". Believe it or not some things in there will help you a lot. Just realizing you are done is such a big step! Just be strong and never forget the way you felt when you realized you had enough and was sick of it! I'm on suboxone as well, and it's a life saver. I tried without it, but could not quit on my own. The withdrawals were too bad. Take things one day at a time, because it won't be easy.. but I'm here if you need anyone to talk to!

g8trgrl

thank you so much for your reply! i am going to check out the home detox plan...very cool.

ill be in touch.

-TT

Old 10-09-2007, 07:30 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User

Hey MTNJ:
First let me suggest that you speak to your doc. asap and find out the timeline they want u to wait before u begin the subaxone. There is usually a 72hr period they want you to be in full withdrawal before u begin, or it won't work the same. I've even heard that someone started it before they were supposed to, and it NEVER worked as good as it was supposed to.
So that i would find out first.
The good thing is that you'll only have to experience withdrawals (if u get any) for a couple days and then once on sub., you'll be totally better.
Sub. is great, especially for those (like ME) who have a real hard time CRAVING pain pills. I'm actually currently tapering off sub., but that's only bcuz i want to get prego. It's hard, but finally having a baby will be worth it.
And your sweet baby is worth you being sober too.
I'm always going to have a love affair with pills, but it is a dangerous and deceitful love, and I need to remember that always.
Good luck to you and keep us posted. Take care.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:50 AM   #5
(female)

mtnj HB User

hey maggie thanks for the advice i do appreciate it. i spoke to my dr. this morning because he called me to see how i was feeling, if i had withdrawals yet...i told him they were starting....now, at 24 hours later they are really kicking in. im getting back aches, major congestion, i cant see straight, cant focus, and tummy is getting upset...he said for the dosage i was taking 24 hours is a good time to start. i was taking about 15-20 mgs of percocet a day so i guess i font have a very heavy addiction but i have enough that i am going through withdrawal. i dont miss it though which is weird. im rleeived ive done something to stop, i always wanted to stop but was scared to get sick. ok well wish me luck because this is my 1st time being serious about this besides when i got pregnant.

and good luck to you honey i wish you only the best and good luck, if you ever need someone to bs with im here!!!

-TT

Old 10-09-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

no more than what your habit is you need to really think about goin on sub.if you are on it for a month or more it is a long drawn out process to say the least.can you get some clonidine and take 2weeks off work?-i would try this before i got addicted to sub over 20mgs of percocet.good luck-spark

Old 10-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #7
(female)

mtnj HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark-o-cet View Post
no more than what your habit is you need to really think about goin on sub.if you are on it for a month or more it is a long drawn out process to say the least.can you get some clonidine and take 2weeks off work?-i would try this before i got addicted to sub over 20mgs of percocet.good luck-spark
im a stay at home mom so im ok with that. whats clonidine? do u think ill get addicted to suboxone now? im scared...i thought this would just cover up the withdrawals and then i could stop all together after a week or so...wow im confused....can someone explain? thanks, tara

ps im on 8 mg/day of suboxone i think its 2 much.im going back to doc tonight to talk to him about this bc im cobfused. also my hubby is weaning off them too...he has had 6 back surgeries this past yr and wants off the percs too..he takes A LOT though of the percs, not even sure how many he isnt very open about that...

Old 10-11-2007, 09:48 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

It's not that you will get addicted to suboxone.. It's just that you can experience w/d's coming off of the suboxone as well. But seeing that you are under a Dr's care, he should know how to wean you off the right way.. that way you experience the least amount of w/d's possible. You just have to remember, if this was easy, you would not be a stronger person for it. God makes us deal with a little rain sometimes so we can enjoy the sunshine a little more.. Stay strong!

g8trgrl

Closed Thread