It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

captnanny HB User
tapering again, feeling hopeless

hi, I tapered down again on the fentanyl patch. I was on 75, this is my second taper in 2 weeks so I am now on 50mcg. I don't know, i don't have cravings but I CAN NOT THINK, I nervous all the time like a panic. WHen I sit down to try to do nothing it feels like I am jumping out of my skin. I am trying to say positive things to others, including myself but there is this "chatterbox" in my head that is saying so many hateful things about me. As I am typing, I feel like I have no idea what I am saying. I'm taking to courses online, graduate level courses and cannot drop them. I am getting the work done on time, Have no idea how but am grateful for that. Has anyone else felt this out of touch?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #2
(male)

hooltwl HB User
Re: tapering again, feeling hopeless

If you are feeling nervous or jittery, you are tapering to fast. It is possible to taper duragesic patches slowly enough that you will not get sick or jittery. Get the mylan brand patches that can be cut and just trim of a small piece every week or two. You didn't become dependent overnight so don't try to come off too fast. There is no reason to torture yourself. I would increase my dose until I stabilized and then start to taper more slowly. Even if it takes a few months, you are doing the right thing so relax and take your time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread