It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 12:38 AM   #1
(female)

agit777 HB User
Please Help!! Looking for suboxone Dr in San Antonio

Hello All... I am desperately looking for a Dr in San Antonio Tx who can prescribe Suboxone. I've heard so many wonderful things about this new miracle drug but can't seem to find a dr who's able to prescribe it. I've looked on the net, called several rehab facilities, insurance companies etc. All the dr's i've found either don't prescribe it anymore or have met their quota of patients they can have at on time. (which I was told is 30 pts at a time). I've been addicted to norco for over 4 years now and am up to 30-40 10-325mg tabs a day.(WOW I know it's alot). This demon has taken over my life and i'm so very desperate to quit. I've tried cold turkey, weaning down and was even in a 4 day stay at a hospital rehab facility (which did absolutely nothing). I was given a week supply of clonodine and xanax and told to go home. My addiction began when my ex-husband fractured a disc in my neck and my dr never told me that being on this drug as long as I have been would literally steal my soul. I have talked to my dr about getting off of them and his response was, " don't feel bad about being on this drug, even though there are alot of people that do abuse them it's actually made for people like you who really need it.' (Can you believe that bs?) I admit that I haven't told my dr how much I'm taking since i am buying several other peoples scripts and been desperate enough (for fear of withdrawal) that i've dr shopped a few times. I've even gone as far as buying them online. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE I know but I'm so afraid of the withdrawals since i've been through it before but couldn't make it long enough to actually be done with these aweful things for good. I've always thought of myself as a strong person but this is the one thing in my life so far thats been able to beat me. I have always been very anti-drug and still am. The only drug i've ever tried by choice was pot and that was in highschool (just trying to be cool like most teenagers do). I didn't like it then and still don't. I feel like a complete failure because I can't beat this on my own. I'd never even heard of hydrocodone when it was prescribed to me and had I known what it would do to my life I never would have taken the first pill. I pray that there is someone out there who can help me find a dr in san antonio who will help me beat this addiction. I am hopelessly desperate to end this nightmare because it is destroying my life. I've been reading your postings for a while now and just hearing some of the success stories and the work in progress stories has given me a glimmer of hope that it can be done. I feel a little better knowing that i'm not the only one who feels this way. Thankyou for your inspiration and the courage you've all given me to admit the truth to you and to not feel so alone in this journey. I thank in advance anyone who can help me with information to reach the right dr who can help me to beat this. My prayers are with all of you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
(male)

fitz31 HB User
Cool Re: Please Help!! Looking for suboxone Dr in San Antonio

AGIT777, HEY SISTER, call reckitt-benkis they are the people that make sub they will be able to direct you to a sub doc and you also can ask many questions about sub they are very helpful. I posted this on the boards a while ago but i don`t think i am allowed to post the number. Call 411 and keep asking till you get the number, i did. If you need some info on sub that you can`t get i`ll try to help you i`ve been down that road and i`m glad i made it. ps, you are probably a good candidate for a detox program before you start sub. You need to do that first or you will fail on the sub program, nothing will take the place of 30 narcos a day habbit, not sub not anything so get detoxed first and your succes will come next, hit me back if you have questions.

Last edited by fitz31; 10-12-2007 at 04:01 PM. Reason: ADDED MORE COMMENTS

Old 10-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
(female)

wheninrome1313 HB User
Re: Please Help!! Looking for suboxone Dr in San Antonio

40 of the 10/325's a day? Isn't that way over your acetimanaphin level?!?

Old 10-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz31 View Post
AGIT777, HEY SISTER, call reckitt-benkis they are the people that make sub they will be able to direct you to a sub doc and you also can ask many questions about sub they are very helpful. I posted this on the boards a while ago but i don`t think i am allowed to post the number. Call 411 and keep asking till you get the number, i did. If you need some info on sub that you can`t get i`ll try to help you i`ve been down that road and i`m glad i made it. ps, you are probably a good candidate for a detox program before you start sub. You need to do that first or you will fail on the sub program, nothing will take the place of 30 narcos a day habbit, not sub not anything so get detoxed first and your succes will come next, hit me back if you have questions.
fitz, i dont believe that is correct. she can take the sub (after going into mild to moderate withdrawls) and be ok. that is what sub is for. this habit is not too large, and you DONT have to detox first, i promise. i wish you luck finding a sub doctor. calling the company sounds like a great idea. i thought the limit was 100 now? did you get put on a waiting list at least?

God Bless, i wish you the best.

michelle

Old 10-13-2007, 05:57 AM   #5
(female)

agit777 HB User

Thank you so much for all your replies. Fitz you scared me for a minute. I did some more research and michelle is right...you don't have to detox 1st but you do have to be in w/ds to start the suboxone. I signed up with an online dr referal that is suposed to review your medical issue and match you up with a dr in your area who can prescribe suboxone and i just got a reply by e-mail last night. THANK GOD!!! I will call 1st thing on monday and i'm praying with all my might that this dr can help me. I've also been tapering down in hopes that it will make it easier for me. If this dr falls through for any reason then i will call the company Fitz suggested. Thats a great idea that i never would have thought of. To answer Wheninrome1313s question... yes thats a very high acetaminephin intake that i don't recommend for anyone. When i did the 4 day rehab stay they tested my liver enzymes along with everything under the sun and quite unbelieveably my enzymes are normal. (So was everything else. ) Guess i have one heck of a good liver. Thanks to all of you for your advice and for listening.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #6
(male)

fitz31 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-notagain View Post
fitz, i dont believe that is correct. she can take the sub (after going into mild to moderate withdrawls) and be ok. that is what sub is for. this habit is not too large, and you DONT have to detox first, i promise. i wish you luck finding a sub doctor. calling the company sounds like a great idea. i thought the limit was 100 now? did you get put on a waiting list at least?

God Bless, i wish you the best.

michelle
HEY oh-notagain, Thankyou for your constructive view on this, it`s agood thing when a person can get other points of view. I must say though it`s not a matter of correct or incorrect i firmly believe that a person should get detoxed first and while a person is in detox talk to a phsch and attend detox meetings, the success rate for people that detox and then go on sub is much much greater.And as far as being scared, yes she should be because your life does depend on it and that`s a scary thing.We all know people that have failed " THE ROAD TO FAILURE IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS" so this is why I believe that which has the greatest success rate.peace. fitz.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #7
(male)

fitz31 HB User

AGIT777, 400mgs a day is alot, way alot and i think you would be better served going to detox rather than starting sub first off. Why would you want to suffer with wds? sub will help but i know so many that have failed without detox first. Sub will help you to not want to go back to narcos, good luck to you.peace.fitz

Old 10-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

no you do not have to go to detox first to get on suboxone.the suboxone is to be used if a person cant afford or dont want to go to detox.if a person is gonna go to detox then there is no need to use suboxone at all.stay in detox/rehab for 90days and there will be no need for suboxone.i myself cant afford detox/rehab so i chose sub. this way i can still go to work everyday and taper down slow off the sub at my own pace.there are so many things about suboxne that are on the net that are not true.agit777-if you can find a dr to scribe sub you go right on to it.all you have to do is be in mild/moderate wds for about 24hrs and that is all.some drs will make you come back in a week,some may make you come back in 30days.no matter what you will have to go back to the dr every 30days to get the script of sub.some might insist on seeing a counsuler,cant hurt can it?you have a farily large habit but ive known many people with much larger ones.and yes the sub. will take the place of 40 norcos,but you will not get a buzz off it,just make you feel normal.you need to be on sub if you have tried to quit and relapsed many times.it will not get the addiction out of you 100% but it is a tool to help you get started off the pills.good luck-spark

Old 10-14-2007, 02:13 PM   #9
(male)

fitz31 HB User
Wink Re: Please Help!! Looking for suboxone Dr in San Antonio

HEY SPARK, Good lookin, I can only write of what i have seen, as for myself i went to detox and was put on sub while in detox and that worked great for me and after detox it kept me from craving. I know many people that do get a buzz from sub and thats why it is so important to attend meetings or a doctor as to realize the cause of one`s addiction.We all need to view everything written on the boards and decide which is best for the individual.peace. fitz.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

if a person gets a buzz from sub it is only for a few days at the most,and the ones that say they get a buzz are the ones that have a very small habit using short acting opiates.if a person does feel like it is giving them a buzz it will stop as the body gets used to buprenorophine.some detox centers will detox using sub,i myself see no use in using sub if you are going to a detox center for 2-3months.there is no need to get addicted to sub if you are going to be in a detox center.they can give you comfort meds such as clonidine and many others.i will agree with you that any type of detox is good,but if a person is gonna go on sub after detox,there are alot of people that have to go to detox to get off the sub.i see no use in going twice.if it worked for you i couldnt be happier,but all im saying is it does not have to be done like that when starting sub.going to detox before startin sub is not in the sub protocal.i myself have been on sub 3 different times startin in 03,and currently on it now.who knows maybe if i had gone to detox before sub like you did i would have been successfull like yourself.if it works im all for it.good luck-spark

Old 10-15-2007, 05:11 PM   #11
(male)

fitz31 HB User

SPARK,When I first came to the boards it was you that helped me gain so much from your insight and I decided then and there that I would do my best to help people with addictions, I thankyou for your help, as i`m sure so many do. Keep it up we all need to advance and be recognized.peace. fitz.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

fitz ole buddy how goes it.im so glad you are clean,you dont know how much i wish i could be where you are.ive been addicted over 10yrs now and i dont know if i will ever be able to get off opiates as long as i live.glad you are feeling good my friend,keep up the good work and good advice here on the board.i been around here since 03,not many stay that long anymore.maybe i will post about a success story in the next few yrs.thanks for helpin me out fitz.goin to bed,good luck-spark

Old 10-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #13
(male)

fitz31 HB User

SPARK, Thankyou for those kind words and yes I will stay here long enough for you to write on the boards that you are free of opiates. Hey spark I don`t say what i`m gonna say to often for fear of people feeling sorry for me but i`ll do it so as to maybe help you out, you see 6 years ago on mothers day my wife and our 15 year old son were sitting on the stoop waiting for our oldest son to come home from the store after buying a gift for mom for mothers day but instead of him coming home a detective car pulled up and told us that our son was just struck and killed buy a car.I went crazy as did my wife and son then the drugs and alcohol to kill the pain in my heart but after many years of abuse I finally was able to get the help i needed because my wife and son were thru with me and i wanted my family back sooooo bad so i took a real tough stand and with the love of my son and wife and the grace of god I made it.It took many years and many failed attempts and even great thoughts of suicide but I FINALLY DID IT and i know you can as well.Spark it took a lot for me to write this I`M CRYIN LIKE CRAZY but you have to know that even the worse things in life can get better. thankyou for letting me share this with you and i`ll stick around and check the boards each day after work, god bless you brother. peace. fitz.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

man,you have my deepest deepest sympathy.a person never really gets over a thing like that,just have to accept that god had other plans for him/something that was really special to call him home.if anything would make a person want to kill the pain this would have to be it.fitz,you and your family are all special people to just be able to survive a tragedy as this.

some of us on here think "we" have it hard with addiction,but in the long run of things we dont know how lucky we are just to be here.we cant even begin to compare with what you and your family have been through,and on top of all that you have conquered your addiction.this says alot to me fitz.your one heck of a man.dont really know what else to say my friend,i know it took alot to share that and i myself am proud of you to be able to do it.not many could.

take care,go give the family a hug.-spark

Old 10-17-2007, 02:35 PM   #15
(male)

fitz31 HB User

SPARK, Thankyou for your reply and like I said i`ll stick around to hear you and many others lik this stuff. You know i still think about those nights when i hurt so much and than ran to the pill bottle and the alchol and within 30 minutes every thing was goin to be allright, maybe i needed to do that in that time of my life to cope but it was only a way to escape reality and sooner or later you have to pay the fiddler if your lucky or go to bed one night and not wake up as so many of my old buddies have, been to to many funerals, such a waist of life so many hearts broken and families torn apart because of this stuff i will fight the good fight as my irish father always said and i will stand tall but never to tall as not to stoop down to help my brother or sister.spark i hope other people read these notes we have written to each other, what a lesson to be learned.spark your a good man and you will do it and i`ll be with you all the way. peace.fitz.

Closed Thread