It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #1
(male)

Wireman25 HB User
One Day at a Time

To all my new friends we all have similar stories similar fears similar pain. Some of us deal with it by praying or exercising or writing to each other. i have found by sharing my self my thoughts and feelings something i have never done before has helped me deal with this disease. I never thought this was a disease but it is. Each night , each morning i thank God for each and every person i have met on this journey. Each time i read a thread it makes me feel good that we all care about one another that is what this world is all about. Helping each other. I know you can get to where I am , I stll have work to do and I still am recovering everyday . when i look in the mirror now i am starting to recognize the person that has been MIA. The Perks, the hydros the xanax i hope are all in my past. I will share with everyone my thoughts and feelings until you are all tired of listening to it. i really hope we can all find the innerpeace and live each day without fear or depression or anxiety. May God Bless Us All

All the Best Wireman

Old 10-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
(male)

fitz31 HB User
Cool Re: One Day at a Time

WIREMAN25, Thanks for the perk, I know just how you feel, life is great when you can look in the mirror and admire the person you see. Congrats on pushing yourself to make that change I wish more people would write and comment on your success because it is in the success stories that we the addict know that there can come a brighter day and peaceful nights. I am glad for you brother. peace .fitz.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 06:40 AM   #3
(male)

Wireman25 HB User
Re: One Day at a Time

Fitz

thank you i agree we need to focus on the positives i find myself all to often dwelling on bad thoughts. I dont want to yield to the negative but rather make lemonade out of the lemons. thank you for your kind words

wireman

Old 10-15-2007, 06:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: One Day at a Time

Heya Wireman

Just gotta add an AMEN to your post. No more opaites or Xanax for me at this point and I, too, feel so blessed each and every day. Keep spreading the word, Buddy. I feel that renewed spirit of life so much and want it for every single person here.

To all the readers, know that this is real and true. Life is restored and renewed with so much happiness just waiting for the taking. Those of us who have found this do pray that each here will find it also. I am grateful beyond words for all who helped me believe this and helped me find the way. One day at a time, one moment at a time.

reach

Closed Thread