It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 01:00 AM   #1
(male)

iceman81 HB User
Am I Crazy? Please Help...

Hi,

I don't know where to begin, but I am sure somewhere, someone can relate. So if you or a doctor are reading, please help me, as I am not finding my answer anywhere.

To start I have not had a normal nights sleep in months. When my parents go to sleep, it is as if I can feel them having sex through the floor. I can literally feel the ground shaking, and feel the vibrations in my chair when I am sitting, and when I am lying down. Sometimes my parents get up and come out, and I still fell it, thinking that it is one of my neighbors. People I have mentioned this to, said I could have tremors, and do not think that is the case. I have steady hands, and this only happenes at night when people usually have sex, or go to sleep.

My life is starting to fall apart because I cannot go to bed until 9am when everything calms down. I literally feel the vibrating all night sometimes, and if I lie down my bed begins ratling like someone is having sex next door. The only way I can escape it is if I go sleep in my car, which I cannot do for obvious reasons. I would die and come back in order to not feel what I'm feeling, and to get a normal nights sleep. This is not fair and I need help. I can feel the floor moving wherever I go in the house, its moving right now as we speak, and I think I am beginning to lose my mind. I have experienced this in many different houses, many different beds, and even in motel and hotels. All the same thing. I have tried changing floors, moving my bed to different rooms, even sleeping on the floor with my back on the concrete, but I still feel it. WIth the help of god, please what is wrong with me? and how can i get into a normal sleep routine? my doctor ordered me strong sleeping pills but I end up staying up on them till 9am because my body rejects it and still feels the shaking and thus cant sleep.
The only thing that I think may have caused or triggered this could of been my past excessive marijuana smoking. I have been smoking for 6 years on a consistent basis, but have been clean for over 37 days with no THC and still feel this. To note, that I felt this just as strong and present when I was stoned then when I am not stoned and clean now. I booked an appointment with a Neurologist, but it is in a month and a half from now as thats the earliest apt date. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME,,, May god bless you all. I am starting to tell my friends and family, and they think I am crazy. I am a very smart 26 year old male, who is otherwise very healthy, and eats right, except never sleep. only from like 9am till 3pm every day. Please help me get my life in order. I can use any advice or experience I can get.

God Bless You All,

Abraham

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 03:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User
Re: Am I Crazy? Please Help...

i think you are on the wrong board here dude.never heard of what you describe.sounds like a phobia to sex or people having sex.good luck-spark

Old 10-15-2007, 03:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello Abraham

No, I do not think you are losing your mind at all. I absolutley think you should see a neurologist as I think you may be experiencing effects of weed and withdrawal rom it. I came off oxycodone and experienced a lot of nerve tremors as I did. It is a reaction to withdrawal, at least it was one reaction for me.

I also became what I can only describe as very autistic -like...... sounds were VERY loud to me. I could hear if someone was typing on the computer in the next room with both doors closed. Light would often hurt my eyes. Everything sensory became magnified greatly when I made the first large cut on oxycodone. Many drugs play on the nervous system.. that is often the purpose of them... and when we withdraw, we feel the effects greatly.

Sleep.... After a year of tapering, I am only recently beginning to sleep normally again. While on the drugs after many years and throughout the tapers (I also tapered from Xanax), I would sometimes be awake for 36-48 hours at a clip. It takes a long time for the body to heal and restore itself. Normal sleep is one of the last things to return.

The neurologist can certainly help define any damage done, if any, from the weed. He can determine if something else is at play here also. But, no, I do not think you are out of your mind at all even though it can certainly feel like it. I am not a doctor or in anyway a professional in this. I am simply someone who has experienced many symptoms in withdrawal from an opiate. My experience says you will be okay, but that it is going to take time. You used for six years and it will take time for the body to restore and heal.

Do not give up! It is a process that the body and brain go through. It can be tormenting, but we survive it.

Best wishes
reach

Old 10-15-2007, 04:12 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

luckygem13 HB User

I would schedule an appointment with a psychiatrist as well. You could have anxiety that requires talk therapy as well as medication. Sorry you can't sleep!

Take Care!

Old 10-15-2007, 07:11 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User

Hi Abraham,
I feel for you. Please hang in there until your appt. w/Neurologist. The neurologist should be able to help you. My Sister just recently started experiencing vibrations in her body.....and she began shaking also. She has an appt. w/the Mayo Clinic in November to get a diagnosis bcuz the doc. here only told her she has a bit of neuropathy. Which didn't explain the vibrations in her WHOLE body.
She too felt like she was losing her mind, and she ended up taking some stress of herself and has begun to feel slightly better. Stress did make it worse....but it wasn't the cause. So maybe try meditating, or breathing exercises when trying to sleep. Maybe it's bcuz your body was put into such a relaxing state when stoned, and now it's suffering from anxiety.
GOOD FOR YOU ON STOPPING THE POT THOUGH!!!!! That is a major achievement!
I'm not sure what the sex has to do with your feelings....sounds like something u may need to see a psychiatrist over. Maybe some deep rooted issues. Bcuz of the fact that your episodes seem to revolve around thinking people are having sex near you. I'd check out a therapist along with seeing the Neurologist.
But for now, try to calm down, breathe slow and deep when trying to sleep. When i have trouble sleeping, i do that along with singing a calm slow song in my head. It really helps...having to focus on singing the song and breathing, gets my mind off racing thoughts.
Good Luck

Old 10-15-2007, 08:43 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

Hi Abraham,
Sorry you are feeling the way you do. Can you get into see a physciatrist (sp)
anytime soon? Since you only have this problem at night, it may not be neorological (sp). I am not a doctor but your problem sounds like it may be best served by a Physciatrist.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

weed w/ds do not cause this sort of problem.very rarely are there w/ds from weed.it is easy to come off of.nothing wrong neurological,psychiatrist might help you.any issues of abuse in your past?good luck at the dr.-spark

Closed Thread