It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
(female)

ReadyToBeDone HB User
Update

Hi all! Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile, but I've had a lot going on in my little life *smile* One thing about recovery is that you do have to focus on yourself for awhile. So, let me see...

Recovery - 52 days. I really never thought I'd see it but I'm here!! I'm still doing day treatment and attending NA meetings. I'm even chairing 1 meeting a week. I'm currently on the 4th step and that's a hard one, but I'm going to do it. This has been on of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, but I've come too far to quit now. I know how active addiction feels and I don't ever want to go back there.

Family Life - Well, I'm working on it. Life isn't all roses and sunshine, but I'm trying. There are good days and bad days, but nobody said it was going to be easy. I'm taking it one day at a time.

Legal issues - I haven't heard a thing and it has been almost 2 months. *sigh* I guess that is a good sign, but the addict in me is one of the most impatient people I've even known.

I guess that pretty much wraps it all up. Hang in there all and stay strong

RTBD

Old 10-15-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
(female)

teach33 HB User
Re: Update

You are living life on life's terms...it only gets better...keep coming back!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 06:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello Ready

Ah, it's been a while, dear Friend. I have missed you.

Ready, you are doing it, really and truly beginning life in recovery. I klnow it has been a long haul for you, but you are doing it! Day at a time. I take my whole life one day at a time now. Deal with today, let tomorrow happens when it happens. But, ready... we are dealing with a DAY at a time now, not minute to minute wondering if we could survive the detox and withdrawal! Now this is sometyhing to sing and dance about, huh? We are in revival mode now. Chuckles.

Jump and shout and spin araound, Ready... you are on the other side! yes, there will still be some struggle times ahead, but you have proven to yourself that you are up to the task, Sweetpea... and you were the only one who ever doubted yourself. Smiles.

I know the legal questions keep you on edge, but wanna know what I think? I think it is one of those backwards blessings. No way dare you take anything because if you get a visit from the police and you are highj, then you would have to kiss any chance you might have goodbye. God is taking care of you.

I am so proud you are still in treatment and going to meetings... and chairing them once a week! You have a solid plan in place and are working it. I have spiritual arms around you, Ready, and I am squeezing tight. I am just so proud and happy for you.

You stay strong, Girl.. strength has always been in you.. you just didn't recognize it. Step 4 is looking inside yourself, right? well, look at what you have come through and see your strength as a positive trait to constantly keep in force in your life. The doubts... and, Ready, sometimes you are a real doubting Thomas there... it is time for the doubts to go. We are what we choose to be in life. The time to dwell on the past is over because too mmuch happiness lies ahead form us to squander time gathering it.

Always with hope
reach

Old 10-18-2007, 08:35 AM   #4
(male)

loopman HB User

Hey Ready,

You are a GREAT inspiration. I am so proud of you.

God Bless,
Loop

Closed Thread