It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
(female)

amanda2517 HB User
Unhappy PLEASE HELP ME im addicted to hydrocodone

hey everyone i am 25 i am married with 3 kids i have been on hydrocodone for 3 yrs now i am so ready to get off of them but its really hard i take 3 to 6 a day 10mg sometimes even 1 and a half at a time but i got addicted from having a c-section they gave me loratabs then i had a laproscopy the i had my teeth pulled so when my meds were gone i felt weird things i kept crying and i was hurting all over so i went to the doc and he said i was having a nervous breakdown i said no i am sick from not having anymore medicine and he said no ill give u something to help just trust me so he gave me xanax it helped a lil but i slept alot i still took them because it didnt help enough i geuss i have lost friends and family over this and its making me deppressed and moody constipated and bladder problems im soooo scared ive almost lost my husband over it he used to take them to but hes quit pretty much even though he really wants methadone i try to help him stay off of them but i know this isnt who i am its controlling my life so much and i hate it i spend alot of money and it gets annoying trying to find them all the time i am to scared to quit cold turkey so i want to ween myself off but i know i need help i have back pain but im not sure if its mentaly or something is really wrong i havent been to a doc yet but im trying to find one to go to so i can get help ive even thought about na meetings or some kind of support system and i came across this site and im loving it lol i hope this site and u all can help me through this please pray for me and so my ? is how can i ween off and what can i do to help me trhough it?also what about my body and what will happen when i come off of them?thank u hope to hear from anyone please?????

Last edited by amanda2517; 10-15-2007 at 06:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
(female)

Bekah61 HB User
Re: PLEASE HELP ME im addicted to hydrocodone

Have u ever considered finding a Dr. that can prescribe u suboxom,do some research on it maybe it might be the route u might consider. Its been known to help with pain too,check it out! Good luck to u and God Bless Bekah61

Old 10-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
(female)

amanda2517 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekah61 View Post
Have u ever considered finding a Dr. that can prescribe u suboxom,do some research on it maybe it might be the route u might consider. Its been known to help with pain too,check it out! Good luck to u and God Bless Bekah61
well i know people who are on it and i hear good about it but im scared that one day i might not be able to pay then i wont get the medicine that day and i heard that once u stop u cant get back on it so i would like to try a way with meds thanks for replying bekah i need any advice i can get ya know what i mean

Old 10-15-2007, 07:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

Hey Amanda,
How about a slow taper? Every day or 2 cut back on the amount your are taking. Prolonging the first one of the day would be a good start. There's alot of threads on this board about tapering. I went cold turkey because I ran out of hydrocodone and could not get anymore quickly. I had a 2 yr addiction that started with a hysterctomy. I never took alot. Usually 2 a day, sometime 4. When I ran out I did not even realize I was going thru withdrawal and went to dr who diagnosed depression (she didn't know of my addiction). I began to wonder if I was going thru withdrawal and posted on this site. I got a big YES from everyone. I was depressed for alot of reasons, but what threw me into a major depression was the loss of my hydro. Dr put me on Cymbalta and it worked okay until the dose was doubled. Then I had every side effect in the book. Now I'm weaning off the cymbalta and at the same time starting a low dose of lexapro. I'm beginning to feel better, cravings are pretty much gone. Prepare yourself for depression. It seems to happen to everyone so you may want to talk to your doctor about Paxil, Lexapro etc. You may need it as you taper and definately when you are completely off the hydro. Keep checking out this board. The people posting on it have been a Godsend and some of their stories are enough to scare you straight or give you the strengh you need to get thru this. You have 3 young children that need a Mom that is not a drug addict. I will keep you in my prayers.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:20 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

viking55803 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda2517 View Post
im scared that one day i might not be able to pay then i wont get the medicine that day and i heard that once u stop u cant get back on it
This is probably the number 1 reason people don't seek help, and it is not an irrational fear. It is completely understandable that you fear being cut off until you are ready to try it another way. First, you need to get to someone who prescribes suboxone and discuss your concern. Your second concern about "once you are off you can't get back on" is completely untrue as far as I know.

Also, most communities have a methadone clinic. Methadone, though more difficult to withdraw from is very, very cheap. Sometimes it is necessary to switch to methadone simply because it is afordable. This is unfortunate, but not a disaster.

What you are facing now is far worse because you are forced to lie or at least stretch the truth to keep getting hydrocodone. Also, the tylenol added to hydrocodone is very hard on the liver. Both suboxone and methadone are very safe drugs by comparison.

Good luck and please get some professional help.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #6
(female)

wheninrome1313 HB User

THis is so weird. I could have sworn I posted a reply to this,

DId you read the detox plan at the top of this board? That is an awesome post and just about the best and most accurate information you will get on detoxing. Granny is right, use your prescription to slowly cut back or ask your doc to taper you. Go to your doc with a calendar showing them what you want to try and do day by day, leaving some room for adjustment. You need to show him that you are taking a responsible pro-active approach to getting off the meds. Trust me, you don;t want to keep taking them until they are gone and then go cold turkey. If you can't trust yourself, find a friend. Use the xanax sparingly for the anxiety and to help you sleep. LIke that post says, try and sleep through it as much as possible. And then just come here and ask questions if you get stuck. I know you said it gets annoying trying to find them constantly. Try to resist doctor shopping or buying them from people as there are people on this board right now who have gotten themselves into trouble going that route. Let us know how it goes and GOOD LUCK!

Closed Thread