It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User
Talking wish me luck guys....

hi everyone !!!

this weekend i am doing a fitness competition. i am going to be drug tested for all performance enhancing drugs and also, all opiates, speed, etc.
i am currently on 3 - 4 mg sub per day. i have heard this wont show up unless it is specifically tested for. i am putting trust in this.

i will let you all know if it's true or not.....

michelle

p.s. maggs, how ya doin? havent heard from you in a while, hope all is well. and i miss you.

hugs, michelle

Last edited by oh-notagain; 10-17-2007 at 10:41 AM.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User
Re: wish me luck guys....

Best of luck Michelle!! It's nice to concentrate on something else besides the addiction.. Hope you do wonderful!!

Brandi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!
Your so awesome for being so "fit"! I envy your strength!
You go shake your booty and show em' how it's done!!!!!!
I've missed you also.....have been at a stand-still in this tapering, and not much new to report. I'm on about 1.5mg, not sleeping so well and my ankles and muscles in calves have been achy. I'm kinda waiting for my depression to stabailize a bit on this amount before i make another cut. I've been so up and down, and i don't want to mess with my depression too much, having much experience in this department and knowing when i'm at my max.
I've upped the dose of the Lexapro for time being, and desperately need to stick to that higher dose right now.
A girlfriend of mine just lost her husband....a tragic accident. She was running (practicing for a marathon) and her husband was riding his bike to protect her and keep watch over her. Well a young kid, who was working till 4am at a bar and drinking till 6am, hit her husband while he was riding his bike. He died on scene. Terribly sad and he left behind 2 kids under age of 3. I have the viewing and funeral this weekend, and i'm so upset for her and her family. It puts things into perspective you know? Makes me slow down and realize that there is NO guarantee for tomorrow, and we need to love and appreciate everyone and everything we have right NOW.
My circle of girlfriends has been thru a lot together, another friend of ours commited suicide a few years ago.....and another one in the group was stabbed 40 times by a lunatic ex-boyfriend (she lived, by the grace of God).
But i've had to go thru some pretty tragic and horrific things starting at an early age, and having to go to this funeral is bringing up old wounds and keeping me up at night.
So please everyone, kiss your loved ones, hold them tight and tell them you love them. Life is precious, and all we have is today.
I love u Michelle and Reachey and Sunshine (where are you????) and I hope all is well with you all. I miss keeping in touch, and we have to try to make more of an effort to communicate more often.
I'm still truckin' along on this taper-plan.......and i'm doing alright.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #4
(male)

fitz31 HB User

oh-notagain, good luck to you and no they won`t test for opiates or sub i`ve done bodybuilding shows before and they only test for testosterone and cutting drugs i think you`ll be o.k most of the time it is just a poly-graph but if a judge suspects you look to good they may request a blood sample from you in order for you to receive your trophy, tell me who is doing the show and i can give you more advice. I took third place a few years back and then fourth place in a much tougher show an it was only a poly-graph but one guy was tested and disqualified. good luck and I love to hear stuff like this ,GO GIRL. peace.fitz.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

Michelle, like Maggie, I wish I had your energy. Best wishes in your competition. Just the fact that you are competing is awsome!

Maggie, I am so sorry for what you are going thru now. What started my horrible summer and depression was watching a friend, age 40, die a horrible death from breast cancer after putting up such a fight. It was heart breaking and I'm good friends and coworker of her Mom. That's how we got to know eachother. I've helped Mom go thru her things, trying to figure out what to do with it all. It is just so sad. I have 2 daughers, 22 & 23, and I never fail to tell them I love them and give them a kiss when we part. My mother never told me she loved me, although I know she does, it's weird. I told her I loved her for the 1st time when I dropped her off at the airport for a trip she was taking & she said it back. 1st time in our lives. The loss of a loved one sure does put life in perspective. While I'm still depressed, I also appreciate God's gifts and thank him for a beautiful day etc.
Hang in there. I'll keep you in my prayers.
JB

Old 10-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

they may test for opiates but if all your taking is suboxone you are fine.sub will not show up on a regular opiate stick test.it has to be tested for byitself and the test alone it takes to detect it is very expensive.if by chance they say it has shown up on your test,you have a dr script for it dont you?if so no need to worry.but it will not show up i promise.are you in a boxing match?good luck-spark

Old 10-17-2007, 06:31 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

maggy !!!!!! so good to hear from you....
i am so SO sorry to hear of your friend's tragic loss. I am sitting here stunned because it is so sad that that poor woman and her children have to go through this. and you too, maggie. im so sorry. i will be saying prayers for your friend and her children and family. and also for you.... we all need prayers. God is truly watching over us always, and we need to trust in the fact that there will be good in our lives, and love in our lives, because that is what He wants for us. I am glad to hear that you're still doing well, i know it doesnt feel like it, but 1.5 is really good. It wasnt THAT long ago you were still at 4. so keep truckin girl !! you're gonna make it !!!
And thank you all for your well wishes !!!! So much !!!
I am a figure competitor. I usually compete with the NPC but i am competing in an NGA show in Buffalo this weekend. On the entry form it said that they will be testing for steroids, testosterone, growth hormone, amphetamines, muscle implants, chemical drugs for the purpose of deception, clenbuterol, opiates, and any illicit bodybuilding drug or substance.
I am scheduled to take my polygraph friday evening and i will be urine tested on saturday if i place in the top 5. And I am sincerely hoping that I do ! I've worked long and hard for this, and I love the whole process. Right now i've been on a very strict diet for quite a long time. Tomorrow I will begin to dehydrate and friday carb load. fitz, im sure you know all about it !!! congrats on your placings !!! Thats so awesome !! A fellow competitor !!!

Again, thanks for the well wishes! I will keep you all posted as to the urine, polygraph, and competiton results !!!

michelle

Old 10-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Hi.

Good luck on your competition. Are you a bodybuilder?

I have been in some power lifting competitions, and they were a blast.

Have fun, and let us know if you win anything.

Mike

Old 10-18-2007, 02:53 PM   #9
(male)

fitz31 HB User

OH-NOTAGAIN,Go for it all jan-tana tan and the oil up before you go on stage that is a high in itself, aint it so? Is it goin to be taped for t.v, if so let us know. I`ll be cheering for you and remember no water for 24 hrs and then just a sip before you step on stage,keep your body tight and smile to let the judges know you are lovin it, and never drop your pose. Get that trophy it is yours for the takin.peace.fitz.

Last edited by fitz31; 10-18-2007 at 02:54 PM.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:35 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

i dont know if it'll be taped for tv, but it is the NGA 2007 Olympus in Buffalo, NY on October 20th. Prolly something online........

Thanks for the encouragement !!!! You're right - I get high off this stuff HUGE !!!!!!! And thanks to you too MK !!!!!!

I love it... now if i can only get off these subs ...............

hugs, michelle

Last edited by oh-notagain; 10-18-2007 at 06:36 PM.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:32 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Hi michelle.

I've been thinking about how bad you want to get off the subs, and my prayers are with you.

This bodybuilding competition is very exciting!

It is strange that addiction can control people who have outstanding discipline, even those of us who can endure the pain that it takes to be a competitive bodybuilder, powerlifter... I worked hard for years, pushing my body to the limit to look and feel good (and compete). However, when I think about it, beating the addict demon in me is far more difficult than the training ever was.

BTW, I am back at the gym, and when I feel the burn in my muscles and the glory of the "pump," you, and some of my fellow competitors, are in my thoughts. Win, girl, win!

mk

Last edited by mk7657; 10-20-2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: English

Old 10-21-2007, 08:30 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

ok guys,

i can ASSURE you that sub did not come up in my urine test. i passed the polygraph, of course, b/c it concentrated on performance enhancing substances, and i explained to the polygraph guy that i was clean from opiates, etc. so he did not ask me if i had failed a drug test in the past seven years (one of the scheduled questions that i was afraid to answer, first of all it was very generic, so i told him why i didnt want to answer that one) they were very understanding and supportive.

i took 4th in the overall. very tough competition. a lot of fun. next year i will go back with a little more shoulder and do a lot better! but all in all, what a great experience and i cant wait to get on the stage again !!!

thank you for your support !!!!

maggie, i hope you are doing well. i feel now that this competition is out of my way i can concentrate more on a solid tapering plan. i was really just floating out there for a while trying to keep it together to make it to buffalo this past weekend. but now its over, and time to get it together in other areas of my life.
my headaches are considerably better. the friday before last i had an hour long massage by a woman in our gym who specializes in theraputic massage. she massaged my neck for a very long time, she said it was really tight. i cant tell you how much my headaches let up after that !!! what a miracle. im not saying i dont get any at all, they are just not as bad. have you ever tried massage?

talk soon girl !!!

many hugs,

michelle

Old 10-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #13
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Hi.

It is good to hear that the sub didn't turn up on the test. It shouldn't because it's a recovery drug, imo?

Congratulations on your 4th place finish. That is, for lack of a better word, awesome.

mk

Closed Thread