It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
(female)

Sweetie31 HB User
Is this my body adjusting to taper off percocet?

Ok...I am tapering off of 10/325 percocet. I have been on 80mg's daily up until the past couple weeks where I went down to 4-5 daily. This past week however, I made a jump. It was to be 3 daily (30mg's) Morning, Noon, Night.

I did this on Monday & Tuesday but on tuesday night I lasted from noon until 8pm (big task for me). Then however on wednesday I got a bit rambunctious. I figured..If I could manage 3 daily...and wait so long Tues. Night, I can attempt to cut out my noon dose..I did take 1/2 of a klonipin(not addicted to that) as I felt "edgy" doing it, and I did on Wed! No Noon time med! It wasn't the cravings, but it was my body starting to feel more sluggish late day (could've been klonipin) . I made it until 7pm wed night taking my 2ND Dose. I felt accomplished & proud. I decided now that I took this step - I needed to try to stick with it today- going up and adding noontime dose again would only be detrimental for me later. SO, today I did it. No Noon dose BUT...I took a heavy duty vitamin at breakfast also (for energy & build up of my body) and then at NOON, I took a liquid B12 under my tongue. I went back to work & felt jumpy inside...egdy, and "not right" also..will mention...I had 5 loose bowel movements today. Not bad/painful, but not "me". Tonight I took my 2nd dose of meds a little earlier than 8pm (5'ish) as I had the edgy feeling & loose BM but still JUST at 2 doses! I am going to do it again tomorrow however, my dosage will not be 10mg's anymore only 5 mg's....think I should do it this way? Go all the way down to only 10mg's a day instead of 20 or too quick> should I go down to 15mg's for a day then down to 10 a few days??

ARe all these symptoms withdrawral? Its not the craving for the medication so much as my body reacting and feeling yucky?? I have control over my mind, but not my body I am afraid to put too much stress on my body though?? SHould I slow it down - my stop date is on or about Nov 1st.

ANy suggestions, advice, Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2007, 07:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Re: Is this my body adjusting to taper off percocet?

Hey Sweetie,
What you are feeling is physical withdrawal. Fatigue, loose bowels and feeling like I could jump out of my skin was how I felt in addition to body aches. The Klonipin makes me very tired also. If you have enough to taper a little slower, it would probably be best but ultimately you will go through the withdrawal as you are now. I think it depends on your situation, such as having to go to work and function vs being able to stay home sick for awhile. Hang in there. You are doing great and have a great attitude so I have no doubt you'll get thru this ordeal. It's not easy, but it is so worth it!
Best wishes,
JB

Closed Thread