It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #1
(female)

BB2006 HB User
Question I need to get of TABS!!!

I'm 22 years old and have been taking Lortabs for a little over a year. I was never prescribed them. I started taking them just partying here and there and then needed them to get up in the morning after being up all night. I want so desperately to stop. I have twice before but always manage to start again. I take between 4-6 Lortab 10s a day depending on how many I have and whether or not I can get more. Just the other day I couldn't find any anywhere and I was so anxious ALL day. I had to leave work early because I had cold chills. I also noticed my legs were real restless and I had a hard time sleeping. I managed to get some yesterday but I know that I can't keep doing this every day. I work in a bar and that kind of atmosphere makes it very hard. I NEED them to wait on my tables and to be on my feet till 2 am. I know that the w/d only last about a week but I don't think I can do it on my own and so close to home. I want to leave town for a few days and delete all numbers out of my phone but I'm scared that if I don't do this right I'll go get some as soon as I get home. I don't have insurance but I know I need to get SOMETHING to help with the craving and the uneasy feeling I get when I know I don't have any. Can I just go to a doctor and explain what I'm trying to do? Will he give me something for the shakes and lack of sleep? I don't feel that this is to the point where I need rehab. I've done it before. I just feel I need a little more help this time. Can someone tell me the best way to go about doing this? I plan on taking a week or so off of work as soon as i figure out the best time so I'll be able to lay around and do nothing and my parents know about my problem so they'll expecting me to come stay with them. I just feel odd going in a doc office and telling him I have a pill problem and asking for pills... I just need something that will help take the edge off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #2
(male)

TJinPA HB User
Re: I need to get of TABS!!!

Hi BB. You should google an addictionologist in your area, and go see him/her ASAP. You have been through rehab before so you know the drill. You could go see a family Doc and get something for the WD's but you will be better off getting them from a Dr. who knows about addiction and will be prepared for the long run. You can always find hope and inspiration here on this board.

Closed Thread