It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
(female)

Sweetie31 HB User
Question Little Steps 2 another level reached..advice here?

Hi Everyone,

If you don't know my story - please check my posts but would like to start my thread without repeating myself too much (for your sakes).

Been on 80mg's or so of percocet since 2001 for TMJ/Myofacial pain & Fibromyalgia - But NOW I need to come off them. I started tapering this past few weeks. I ended up last week (Mon & Tues)going down to 30 mg's (which is 3 - 10mg tabs daily). On Wednesday I just chose to try and skip the NOON dose & I did it! SO, On Wed & Thurs AGAIN I managed only 20mg's for 2 days (morning/night dose) On Friday - I managed to go 10mg's in the morning, then only 5 mg's at night. I felt bad in the afternoon...I had loose BM all day (and since) (also - maybe too much info got my period on top of this) I feel tired, yet kinda jumpy inside, and felt achey all over -legs, head, neck (flare ups of my medical conditions). Today....I took another step down....I went down to only 5 mg's this morning - lasted all day (while taking my child out shopping & to LUNCH at that) and took a 5mg again tonight (9 hours later)...but I do feel edgy inside. Mind you -- I am not craving the opiates BUT my body feels so yucky!

Here's how I have been handling symptoms:

1. Jumpy/Edgy feeling inside = just 1/2 of a klonipin .25mg tab. in the afteroon usually and/or before bed
2. Loose BM - Pepto
3. Aches - Tylenol or advil, at night tylenol pm
>>Now today I realized (as klonipin makes me fatigued usually), when I finally get all the way off (expected date Oct 31st) I could get increased anxiety - SO - I took one lexapro 10mg this afternoon - wondering if it will help? Yes, I have used it before BUT it aggravated my TMJ so I stopped in the past & thinking of giving it a go again? I think I must chance it I guess? ANyone have luck doing like what I am doing?????

4. I should note--I bought prenatal vitamins & B complex liquid....I happened to use them the day I went down to 2 doses & felt bad (more jumpy inside) & didn't know if it was the vitamins or the med decrease - I may stay away from them now?? temporarily maybe?

Also, another question? Has anyone bought/or know of a home test kit for urine to see the actual amount of opiates in your system to know when you are getting close to being FREE of them in your system!!!

How do you think I am doing? Going to fast? I am trying to adjust to only 5 in the morning - 5 in the evening over the weekend so I will be OK during work next week until my quit day. I figure if I get down to only 10mg's a day - and adjust....my stop might not be as severe???? WHO KNOWS.

Thanks in advance....Working really hard here as all of you.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2007, 06:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User
Re: Little Steps 2 another level reached..advice here?

going to fast but if you can handle it go for it.even if you have to take a little bit more next week you will still be ahead of the schedule.listen to your body,dont ignore it.you have done wonderfull.your w/d at the end will not be that bad.you are gonna make it.good luck-spark

Old 10-20-2007, 06:58 PM   #3
(female)

Sweetie31 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Little Steps 2 another level reached..advice here?

Thank you Spark....encouragement needed....you know this is a trying situation. I'm actually going to attempt a "day off" tomorrow to see how it feels, just lay around...I may take just 5? maybe I will need to take 10 mgs...who knows?? I know I expect discomfort but...I will hang out with my mom - I need to get an idea of how bad I COULD be...if my last dose of 5mg's was at 5:00pm today.....lets see what 11am or noon tomorrow brings? That would be....Testing my limits yet getting an idea of how bad I may feel or Not? I will not be discouraged if I need to take a little...I know I am pushing but I am a strong woman and my mind is truly my strongest TOOL right now, along with WILL and an amazing mother!

Thanks for the support I will need it!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:19 AM   #4
(female)

MerelyMe HB User
Re: Little Steps 2 another level reached..advice here?

Sweetie,

Your doing great, just remember like spark said, listen to your body, the whole point of a taper, is to ease of the drug, with minimal WD symptoms.

During my taper off the percs, I often stayed 2-3 weeks at a dose, until that dose leveled off in my system and the WD symptoms stopped completely, then I would attempt another gradual drop.

Also, getting the Opiates out of your system is only the FIRST step and sometimes the easiest, it's keeping them out and dealing with the cravings and the depression after the initial detox/taper, that is where the REAL work comes into play.

Good Luck sweetie, we are here for you

Me

Closed Thread