It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
(female)

msbarrie HB User
drinking mouth wash

what are the effects of drinking mouth wash?

Old 10-20-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
(female)

wheninrome1313 HB User
Re: drinking mouth wash

Intoxication as it has alcohol in it. Listerine has 26.9 % which makes it 54 proof and also contains some other alcohol-like compounds (eucalptol and thymol) that are mildly toxic, and some other ingredients--all of which give the liver a workout. The term they use is denatured which makes it sound like they take out of alcohol whatever's normally in it that gets you drunk, but in fact all they do is put other stuff in to make it undrinkable and in some cases poisonous. "Specially denatured alcohol" such as that used in Listerine can cause blindness, organ damage, and death when injested in large quantities or in small quantities over time.

I hope you aren't drinking mouthwash. I don't know why anybody would do this. I have heard people do this when it is Sunday and you can't my liquor and you are desperate, or underage. I an any case, it is more toxic than straight liquor from the store, and can cause you big problems so don't do it, it is not worth it.

Oh and if it is about money remember, Vodka on sale at the supermarket is $9.99 per 1.75 liters, or 1.4 cents per milliliter of alcohol. A one-liter bottle of Listerine original can be had for $5.19, or 1.9 cents per milliliter of alcohol. So if you're chugging mouthwash thinking, it's not Vodka, but I'm saving money for grad school-- think again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #3
(male)

marc445 HB User
Re: drinking mouth wash

i'm a listorine expert.

1: don't be a retard. don't drink any.

2: if you HAVE to do it...you'll live if you drink a pint or two.

Closed Thread