It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
(female)

Sweetie31 HB User
Question No Meds yet today & waiting for something more to happen?

Hey Everyone,

Well, as of now almost 11:00am....my last 5mg percocet was at 5:30 lastnight...today I woke up and said....I want to test my body today to see what will happen? Almost on my 18th hour without any percocet in me and so far....I am feeling surprisingly "ok". I have been tapering my meds down yesterday I had only 10mg's all day.....about an hour ago, I went and gave my mom my (to hold for me) the rest of my meds I've used to taper with except ONE 5mg tablet because I did not intend to stop today (I have to work tomorrow). I just wanted to see how my body reacts (one day at a time) & see how bad I may feel? Some Diahrrea this past 4 days or so.....achey body etc, but we'll see how it goes by 5pm today! No Cravings at all really for the past week - just not feeling right? The question is, if I make it 24 hours to 5pm tonight....will tomorrow be worse??? Or should I take one so I won't go into some major withdrawral "unprepared" while I have to go to work?

I think I may be able to do this myself...but at what HOUR will I possibly feel something more???

Old 10-21-2007, 09:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User
Re: No Meds yet today & waiting for something more to happen?

Hey sweetie,

First of all, did you get my reply about the clonidine? I think you should give it a try. You never know

Second, everyone is different, however you will feel a bit worse tomorrow. How much worse? I can't answer that for you. The best thing to do is get out and keep your mind off "whats to come." The worst thing you can do is sit around and "wait" to see how you'll react.

Good luck my dear, and all the best

Sincerely,
emsmom

Last edited by emsmom; 10-21-2007 at 09:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #3
(female)

Sweetie31 HB User
Exclamation Re: No Meds yet today & waiting for something more to happen?

I am at the 19 hour mark.....doing ok.....Thanks for being here........I will see what the 24 hour mark brings....just trying to make it to 5:30pm tonight...

TY everyone....S

Old 10-21-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
(female)

wheninrome1313 HB User
Re: No Meds yet today & waiting for something more to happen?

Sounds to me like you might be out of the woods! The half life of the drug is like 4-6 hours and you should have gotten WDs by at least 12. My DOC is oxicodone which is the same thing, and I get WDs starting at 6 sometimes 8 hours and severe ones by 12. So the fact that you are at 19 is pretty damn good. Congrats on making it that far. Keep it up! Don't take anything more if you don't have to.

Closed Thread