It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 08:56 AM   #1
(male)

ftlmatt30 HB User
Supplements To Help With Percocet Withdrawl?

I was taking Percocets for only 3 weeks and when i ran out...i started to suffer withdrawl about 6-8 hours after my last dose.
i know that oxycodone can cause withdrawl symptoms, but thought that would only happen after being exposed to a higher dose (i was only on 50mg. a day), and only happen after being exposed for longer than 6 weeks..
i have severe sweating (cold sweating if that makes sense..i am freezing cold yet sweating like on a hot summers day..and the sweat feels cold), stomach cramping, diarrhea, body temors, enlarged pupils, and Akathisia (that feeling when you are dead tired and can't sleep because when you try to sleep, there is this constant need to move your legs and if you don't...it starts to hurt..kind of like agitation of the body)
i was wondering if there is any natural supplements that can help with withdrawl symptoms...i do take Xanax 2mg. and that seems to help...i know that DL-Phenylalanine is used for depression and pain because it is the precursor to norepinephrine and your body's natural endorphins....the L-phenylalanine doesn't affect endorphin levels only norepinephrine
thanks!

Old 10-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
(male)

Vanguard HB User
Re: Supplements To Help With Percocet Withdrawl?

Clonidine will ease up your symptoms but that's a prescription med. Time's the only alternative to let your WD symptoms fade.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #3
(female)

wheninrome1313 HB User
Re: Supplements To Help With Percocet Withdrawl?

You were on 50 mgs a day for only 3 weeks? That is a lot for someone only on them short term. Your tolerance is already that high? I guess if you were taking two 5 mg every 6 hours you would be at 40 so I guess it isn;t that unlikely. But I am suprised you are getting those symptoms after only 3 weeks. It took me almost 3 months before i got WDs the first time I started.

Read the post regarding detox that is at the top of the addiction recovery board. That will give you the most complete list of what you can take, including supplements. After 3 days, your symptoms should be gone and if you were only on them short term, you shouldn't have too many cravings or depression that a sometimes follows.

Good luck!

Closed Thread