It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
New to the board.

Here is my story. I have lurked for YEARS and I am finally sick of it. I am addicted to Hydro. I have been for 4-5 years. I have quit 4-5 times and the longest I have made it is 1 month. I felt great, but somehow slide back in. I do not get it illegally or off the streets. Every time I quit I slowly decrease the WAYS or MEANS of me getting the drug. I have a beautiful wife and Beautiful Kids. She has stood behind me every time I have quit. This time feels different. I have basically cut myself off of ever getting the drug again by (that what i say everytime) saying at my last appt. that I am ALLERGIC to VICODIN. That is on my record now. I cant even believe I said it. Online pharmacies are soooo shakey right now, I will be so happy to put all of that crap in my rearview. I need all of your help. I am tapering off right now. I am down to 4 (7.5/750) a day. Words feel sooooo cheap right now. The HUGE difference I am feeling is that I have never felt so SICK OF IT, like I do right now. I hate that stuff and how it makes me feel when I dont take it. I am scared once again to go through the WD's, but its the only way. I need to get my life back. More later.

Oh ya -FULL CIRCLE = 1997 -2007 - it will be ten years this Jan. that I have come full circle with illness and addictions. Its time to stop.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User
Re: New to the board.

Welcome, fullcircle - This place is a great way to get understanding and support - welcome to the board!
It's bad that we have to get to the point to where we actually hate the medicine, but that's a good thing! You need to realize what pain it's caused you.. You may know this already, but there's a sample home detox plan at the begenning of this board. IT REALLY HELPS.. Especially if you are doing this yourself and without a Dr.
Another option, have you considered the suboxone/subutex route? It might be something you want to look into. That's what saved me.. I was on Lortab for 3 yrs and methadone for a year and a half.
Best of luck, and my prayers are with you!! Post anytime, there's always someone to listen!

g8trgrl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

g8tr- I have looked into everything. Sub is 1 hour away and really time consuming. I have a SUPER full time job that requires me to be available ALL THE TIME. I have also talked to my DR about this. I quit about 4 months ago and told him everything. He was great and helped me along. The only thing I didnt do, was go to meetings. Looking back, that was a huge mistake, because as time went on I began to forget how dangerous the drug was and how easily it could slip back inot our lives.

O

Old 10-22-2007, 09:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Hi fullcircle,

I don't have much time to write - on my way to the hospital for surgery, however I couldn't leave without saying...

I am so proud of you!! You admitted your faults, and realize its time to stop. I'll look for you next week, or if I can use my laptop in the hospital I look forward to hearing about your success however PLEASE remember that it takes a long time to come out on the other side, and no one is perfect.

Good luck my friend,
All the best,
emsmom

Old 10-22-2007, 09:47 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

I really enjoy the group meetings I go to.. You need to try to make time for some of those.. I know people in my group that own their own company..but you have to realize you're important and make some time for yourself.. Sometimes the hard part isn't getting off the pills, it's staying off. I'm the opposite.. I just need to get off and then I know I'll never have a problem with them again.. I've just seen too much of what they do to people.. even kill them.. I wish you all the best!

Closed Thread