It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
(female)

Sweetie31 HB User
Exclamation 49 hours...and counting....

Hey Everyone,

Well....I have reached 48 hours (plus)...I went to work today, a full day and managed it. It was scary...not knowing what MAY happen to my body?? I brought one small dose of my percocet with me in case I had some real BAD experience I had to get through BUT.....I was OK & didn't take it. I realize my body isn't itself...achey, fatigued, nausea, and loose BM, along with my "time of the month" on top of battling my medical conditions that brought me to the use of those meds. ..this battle is exhausting to say the least! I'm trying to run my life still while going through this....be a good mom and FUNCTION (properly at that)!If everyone around me only knew my physical & mental struggle going on inside of me???? Geesh, if they only knew I want to collapse & sleep for days! I will sleep at the end of the week when I take a few days off! I SHOULD be doing it now but its not possible!
What started as a "test" of myself and how I might feel turned into actually going this long?!! Feel I can't turn back now! I can only hope that tonight I sleep ok...lastnight was OK.....and then that tomorrow will be better! I can only HOPE!! Thank you for being here to listen & help!

I will update later or tomorrow...~S

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User
Re: 49 hours...and counting....

Hi sweetie:

I've been following your threads, and I think that you are going to make it. It sounds like you're well prepared for the rocky road ahead.

One more day for peak withdrawal, then you'll start to feel better. Don't be afraid to take a sick day. BTW, you are a lot tougher than I was when I detoxed. I don't think I could have worked the second day.

Hang in there, girl. You'll be counting hours for a while, but before you know it, you will be counting days.

Stay strong,

mk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread