It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
(female)

Sweetie31 HB User
Question Oh..Is SNEEZING a symptom of w/d or d/t???

I find myself sneezing a lot more lately - is this a symptom or w/d or d/t?

Old 10-22-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
Re: Oh..Is SNEEZING a symptom of w/d or d/t???

Sweet --i am right there with you!! I am just starting WD's for Hydro (again) and I sneeze a bunch. Actually, its the only symptom that I like! It is natural

O

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

dont worry about it.one way or the other what difference does it make.its from w/ds.just take an antihistamine and it will take care of the sneezes.i take allegra 180 and it works perfect.main thing is dont worry about it,deal with it and go on.you are doing the best.dont stop now.you are almost over the hump.never forget what you are going thru so you will not have to do it again and again and again and again.good luck-spark

Old 10-24-2007, 07:14 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User

Hey there,
I had the sneezes when i came off Methadone, and now that i'm tapering (almost done) off subaxone, i have them too. They come in the morning when i first wake up, and i sneeze like 10 times in a row.
I love it though.....it's a reminder that i AM getting this stuff out of my system and getting better. I find this part of the w/d so amazing.....i remember when i went thru it when coming off Methadone (3yrs ago) i asked if sneezing wa a part of it (cuz i never sneeze) and they said yes. I just found it fascinating how the body works and how this was all part of it.
I welcome MORE sneezing please!!! ACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Old 10-24-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello Sweetie

Sneezing is so a symptom of withdrawal! It occurs because the respiratory stystem is starting to work again more fully. Opiate depress the respiratory system big time and as we withdraw, it works hard to bring itself back to full working capacity.

You know what the definition of a sneeze is? It is a violent episode of BREATHING. (Webster's or any dictionary).

So sneeze away and feel good that you are allowing the body to begin its restoration.

reach

Old 10-26-2007, 06:01 AM   #6
(female)

jkm1201 HB User

hi there, just wanted to share that I also experienced 'sneezing fits' while going through w/d. I used to tell myself that sneezes were my body's way of spitting out all of that poison I had ingested for years. Those sneezes felt good, no... fabulous! When I randomly sneeze now-a-days, I think of it as a pleasant reminder. Keep those sneezes coming, right?
take care, jkm

Closed Thread