It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2007, 09:02 AM   #1
(male)

brickz11 HB User
home detox

any ideas? ;p

Last edited by brickz11; 10-23-2007 at 10:13 AM.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
(male)

brickz11 HB User
Re: home detox

Well this will be first detox, i have been building up to 15 10mgs of hydrocodone or sometimes more a day, what can i expect, i saw the home detox post, however dont have time for aquiring all the items, did manage the immodium however, i am currently in day 2, i have dropped to 3 10mgs on day one and have 8 7.5mg left, should i just take the rest or is taking them slowly helping, last thing i wanna do is start this whole process over in a day or 2. The reason why i am asking this is have the RLS and sweats already. I guess i am more angry/dissappointed with my self for getting here. I have a great life dont know what i needed these damn pills for. Anyways any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by brickz11; 10-23-2007 at 10:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

What kind of meds are you taking? Did your doctor prescribe them or were you getting them online? Is it possible to tell your doctor how many pills that you have been taking, and ask if he (she) can help you?

Don't wait too long, or you'll be in a world of hurt like me. I went to my doctor on the second day of CT detox because of the agonizing withdrawals. I came clean with him, and he helped me out.

mk

Old 10-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #4
(male)

brickz11 HB User

Sorry i edited it, but hydro was my drug of choice, still want to know if i need 2 just take the rest now or try and stretch them out as long as i can?

Old 10-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #5
(female)

Sweetie31 HB User

Brick,

I am new to this board also BUT...just because you have the pills you don't take them all up? I would instead try to stretch the dose lower & lower......then down to nothing .....much easier than slamming yourself into w/d & detox?

This is how I did it.......day 3 for me....GOOD LUCK!

Old 10-23-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Hi again.

If you only have eight pills, it might be a little more difficult to stretch them out. I don't know how your body is going to respond, how deeply embedded the addiction is, how old you are, ...

When I first detoxed off of a similar addiction to hydrocodone, my doctor put me on a maintenance dose of six .75/325 vics a day, and I still had horrible withdrawals. After I stabilized on that dose (about 10 days), I had the choice of going to rehab or going CT. I took the CT route, mostly because I was finding waiting lists at the rehab centers in our area. Additionally, I wanted to sleep in my own bed (no pun intended, ha-ha).

Good luck.

mk

Old 10-23-2007, 01:43 PM   #7
(male)

brickz11 HB User

Well i am in my mid 30's, and the last few months have been just out of control. I went from 7 10mg hydros to doin almost 20 a day the last 3 weeks or so, and i know that i have to stop now, before things get so far gone that i ruin more than i already have. I want to keep this as private as possible, so am just gonna have to tough it out. I guess or hope that all the pain of w/d will remind me to stay the hell away from hydrocodone. I am in the second day of not taking 20 10mg hydros and its awful, i have been taking the 7.5s and they seem to help a lil, still sweat tho, just dont wont to start this process all over again when the 7.5s run out. Well i guess time will tell.

Brick

Old 10-23-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Hi brick.

That is exactly where I was: totally "out of control." I was gobbling them demon pills up as fast as I could get them. I had a choice: stop the opiate train or die.

I am 51, which doesn't help, and I have high blood pressure. When I came clean with my wife, she was really worried that the detox would kill me. She took me to the doctor, and, after a thorough examination, he said that I was going to be OK. We went back two more times because I was afraid that my heart was going to stop.

To be successful, like reach (check out her posts), we need some support, a friend, a family member, AA, whatever. I don't know of a single success story where someone maintained sobriety in a vacuum (all by yourself). Sure, I detoxed, had that "warm and fuzzy" feeling that comes with winning the first battle that carried me into weeks of sobriety. But then comes the war... I never thought that I would relapse. However, I did, three times (four week relapse, clean for three, one week relapse, clean for two weeks). The last time was with the mother of all opiates, h, for two days! Alas, I never thought I would reach that point.

The good news is that I am, currently, clean of all opiates, and plan to stay that way. My wife (after I put her through agony) is very supportive. Additionally, I have told my family, friends, and doctor about my addiction, not only to cut ties with "opiate" dependent friends and cut off sources of medicine but also to get more support. My mother and sister have been there when I needed them most.

I've lost a few battles, but the war can still be won. If the opiates win, I die. So, it is essential that I am victorious. If I can't stay clean, I will go to a sub doctor for more help. I will not use any more street drugs or internet pharmacies to feed my addiction. (I hope and pray that I remain strong and never use sub).

I KNOW that you can beat this. We are at your side to help. There are a lot of successful CT detox stories on this site. I will be reading yours, sometime down the road.

Your friend in addiction,

mk

Last edited by mk7657; 10-23-2007 at 03:25 PM.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:41 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Hey brick,

If possible, get a prescription for "Clonidine" from your doctor. Its a blood pressure med (used to lower BP) but has been found to work wonders for those of us having horrible w/d's from opiates.

Check it out on the web - ask your doctor - but I found it helped me out with so many different forms of w/d...sweats, chills, RLS, fatigue, shakes etc.

Good luck and good for you for admitting and doing something about your addiction.

I'm proud of you

Sincerely,
emsmom

Last edited by emsmom; 10-23-2007 at 10:41 PM.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:45 AM   #10
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Hi brick:

How is your home detox going? You are using the information for home detox on this board, right? The clonidine advice is good. I didn't get the drug because the doctor had me on different high blood pressure meds and didn't want to mix them up.

If you broke the pills that you have left into halves, you could get three days, almost, of half a vicodin every 4 hours. Three days seems to be that magic number for most folks. Hmm... Three days for the resurrection. There is supernatural beauty in numbers!

Stay strong,

mk

Old 10-24-2007, 09:15 AM   #11
(male)

brickz11 HB User

well i tried to make what little i had last,but the only made it thru the night. This really sucks, but i guess nothing worth having comes easy. I am really uneasy about goin to my primary care physician, small town, and the fact that i dont wont to be labeled. Well today is the first day without any period, although i have felt like **** since sunday. I just hope these are gonna get better and not start over since i have not any opiates today. Thanks for the support.

Brick

Old 10-24-2007, 10:02 AM   #12
(male)

Bart19651965 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickz11 View Post
well i tried to make what little i had last,but the only made it thru the night. This really sucks, but i guess nothing worth having comes easy. I am really uneasy about goin to my primary care physician, small town, and the fact that i dont wont to be labeled. Well today is the first day without any period, although i have felt like **** since sunday. I just hope these are gonna get better and not start over since i have not any opiates today. Thanks for the support.

Brick

Old 10-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #13
(male)

Bart19651965 HB User

I am currently on 5 10/325 a day and am planning to quit cold turkey tonight. I have been on these pills for 7 years. My question is how long does your body take to clean itself out? How long does the phyicall withdraw last?

Old 10-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #14
(male)

brickz11 HB User

well more than 3 days, i am gonna guess around 5 from what i have read on these boards, but best thing you can do is look at ALL of the posts in here and get a better understanding as to what is goin on. GL

Brick

Old 10-24-2007, 06:26 PM   #15
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

I love spirited discussions!

You can use the advanced search option, narrow it down to hydrocodone or vicodin withdrawals, choose "addiction and recovery" board, and find your answers. You can also ***gle it.

For me, peak withdrawal eased after three days. It took about ten days before the shakes started easing off (I hated that withdrawal symptom the worst). For a couple of weeks after CT, I had a few panic attacks, all at night. After that came PAWS, or Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (and the crippling depression that comes with it). PAWS can linger from 6 months to 1.5 years, depending on your body, severity of addiction,...

Good luck

mk

Closed Thread