It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
(female)

JesRod22 HB User
Very Concerd

I am a very concernd husband whos wife is addicted to zanax and vicotin (not sure if thats spelled right). But I have tried to take the pills away but she always finds more.It is affecting me,her mom,our son, and her 2 kids from a previous marrage. Her is a nurse and lives with us and shes how she is. Her Mom agrees that she needs help. She weighs 90 lbs and all she cares about is her pills and when she doesnt have them she go crazy!!! Her Mom and I need to know what we have to do to put her as an in-patient some where. The one thing that really bugs me is after taking these pills she insist on driving she has got into like 5 accidents in 1 month. Im afraid shes going t kill herself or someone driving. PLEASE someone tell me the steps I need to take.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2007, 09:58 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User
Re: Very Concerd

First of all, welcome.
i want to tell you that when i was like you wife, my family did an intervention on me and sent me to an inpatient rehab. although i agreed to go when confronted with all the horrible things and the wreckage i was causing all around me. you can try this and hope for the best. otherwise, you will need to get ahold of someone who knows the laws in you state, a lawyer?, about how to gain legal rights over her well being (not sure if i worded that correctly?).
i wish you the best. please keep me posted. i will say a prayer for you and your family.

hugs, michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread