It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2007, 05:05 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Smile Hello everyone!! Good news and bad news!!! It has been a while since I posted here!!

Hello,

Hi my friends!! I have not posted in here for awhile and I thought that I would say hello to some old friends.

Hello Reach, Meddguy and Many other!!!!

I am not sure if I have posted since I had my car accident.

No sooner did I detox off of all those darn meds did I have an auto accident that has caused me a lot of pain and probs but I will get into that in a minute.

I am spiritually doing well!!!! I am no longer on workers comp and my arm is much better. I recieved my settlement and spent some money on some items for my house...Plasma flat screen, chair and ottoman new refridgerator (old one crashed), and a nice TV console.

Since I have been sober ...one of the things I have learned it to do the right thing with moy money so the rest is in investments and in a savings account, that gives me a payment every few weeks.

School is tough but I am doing well. I was going to take 2 classes but with the car accident it is to much sitting in hard chairs...so I dropped one and I am only tking the Biology!!!

Now that is all good news....The bad news is that the car accident has caused some herniated discs in my neck and some compressed spinal nerves, and some undiagnosed problems in the T-spine. I had an MRI of T-spine yesterday.

I tried for 30 days after the accident to not use pain meds due to the fact that I just detoxed from all the meds from the WC arm issues.
After a long 30 days and a long talk with my 12 step sponsor we decided that I should ask for some pain relief. I take the meds exactly as prescribed!!! We have tried some other things like an oral pack of steroids, an epidural steroid injection and some trigger points. I feel like a pin coushion sometimes. The next thing was the T-spine MRI to see what else is going on.

The PM doc mentioned a Facet Block injection(steroid and numbing med) so that may be the next order of business. Gotta see what he says today about the MRI.

So I am once again in pain management!!! Yucky!!! I am currently taking narcotic meds and I have the same Pain Doc as I did when I was on workers comp. We are trying many methods to pin point problems and get pain relief.

I have also seen a neurologist and yes unfortunatley another darn surgery may be in the near future for me.

To those of you who are reading my post and are trying to get clean from what ever substance....I just want to say that there is so much HOPE for you. I understand that you feel miserable but from my own personal experience and from watching many others I can tell you that once you dteoxify your body you can then open your mind up to the idea that there is a way to live without the use of drugs or alcohol!

This is what I do to stay clean and sober....this is what works for me and I am not saying that you need to do these things....only that this works for me!

I usually make 2-5 Alcoholics Anonymous, or Cocaine Anonymous meeting a week. This usually depend on my schedule of school doctor things and how I feel. I talk to other addics in recovery everyday. I have a sponsor who has worked the 12 steps and I am currently working the step with her. I get to have a sponsee that I can share my experience strength and hope with and work with her on the 12 steps. For me one of the most important things is to lead a spiritual path(this does not mean I am a church or religious person although I do go to church on an occasion) I have a concious contact with a higher power that I can rely on when I need guidence.
I am alos active in Cocaine Anonymous as a district chair for my area.

Despite that I have had this accident that has caused me pain and disrupted things with my health, I am grateful for my life and the people that are in it. I have so much more good than bad going on.

Reach....how are you? I have missed you and I should check in here more often. i have been posting in some other areas since my accident and have recieved so much support.

Thanks everyone

Chrissy

Last edited by skych; 10-25-2007 at 05:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2007, 06:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
Re: Hello everyone!! Good news and bad news!!! It has been a while since I posted he

Hi chrissy -I remember you --I am so glad that all is well. Reach is still here and helping everyone like she knows how! I had a great 3 months, then slipped again an I am in the middle of a Detox right now (yuck) Trying to figure how to make this stick. I am so glad thatyou have a free, clean brain. I dream of that daily. Great to hear from you

0 --aka( meddguy- i hated my screen name )

Old 10-25-2007, 06:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Hello everyone!! Good news and bad news!!! It has been a while since I posted he

Chrissy!!

Hello. Hello. Good to see you!

Sorry to hear about the problems the car accident has caused. geeze, Louise... you sure are having your share of problems. The attitude, however, is magnificent! I understand completely that regardless of whatever issues with drugs we have had to deal with that there sometimes just comes a time when we must use a narcotic to control pain. When the [U]thinking changes, everything about drug use falls into place... a place where it belongs. It is used as necessary, it is used supervised, and it is used as prescribed. Had a need myself this past wekend for morphine and vicoden... it was not a problem using it as a medical necessity. It was a matter of being practical and remembering all the things I have learned.

This is a good message to get out here. Drugs do not have to control our lives, to be a constant source of torment for us. There is so much hope to reclaim the happiness and jot in life that we knew before the drugs became a part of our existance. We lived lives before drugs and we can live life again after drugs. Everything just seems to become so much more clear-cut in every avenue of our lives when drugs are not our priority. It is a calmer, much more peaceful life and when uopsets or mishaps do occur, we can handle them.

Be well, Chrissy. Of course, I have all expectations that you continue to do well in school! Chuckles. I know you will. Dropping that one class was a very wise move. Handle what you can today and tomorrow will be the day to handle what comes up then.

Big Hugs Always
reach

Old 10-25-2007, 08:15 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Hi Chrissy.

I was thinking about you when meddguy came back as fullcircle. I almost posted in his thread to ask about you, or start a new thread to see if you were in lurkdom, how you were doing, etcetera.

I'm glad that you're doing well, despite all of those "flaming arrows" that came your way.

If you don't remember me, I posted in your threads when you were coming off of methadone.

mk (mike)

Old 10-27-2007, 02:55 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Howdy everyone,

Yes I remember you all. If is good to hear from everyone. Nice name change Fullcircle is a good one!

I just got done working with my sponsee on the 2 nd step after my usual Saturday Cocaine Anonymous meeting.

I do remember that detox like it was yesterday!! OH BOY DO I.

It was not the most pleasant experience so when I got in the car accident I was very reluctant to take a narcotic again. But like Reach said sometimes it just works out to where we need that intervention. I did give it whole hearted try with them for 30 days and then I just could not do it. It was awful.

I am currently considering having a surgery on my neck to relieve the compressed nervers in my cervical spine. I do not want to do it while I am in school so maybe when it gets out in mid December for the break between semesters. We will see.

In the mean time I will continue to do the next indicated thing.

I guess I should get cought up on some posts and try to get back in the swing a little. I post a lot in the spinal area because I need some support for those issues at this time.

Anyway I love you all and you are all in my heart!!!

Have a great afternoon....Chrissy

Old 10-27-2007, 04:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi

I just love the "flaming arrows" comment from Mike. I don't know if I just became more aware of what was going on around me, but I swear 'flaming arrows' come flying in from all directions once we get off drugs and work to keep our restored lives restored. Maybe it is just that after not doing so for so long, we are once again having to THINK of ways to deal with problems and not pop a pill to ignore them?

Keep on thinking, Chrissy Girl... it is something you are so good at!

Hugs
reach

Old 10-28-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Thanks Reach!

That was a good one "flamming arrows"

The first thing that popped in my mind was a visual of myself holding, or at least trying to hold, up this huge sheild that was to darn heavy!!! LOL

That was a funny visual! Don't know if it is as funny to anyone else as I explained it but it was worth a try.

Today is a me day!!!

I am just kicking around my house. I am not feeling real well with my neck so I decided to study early this morning, as usual, and then hang out bake some pecan pumkin bread and just relax. It has been awhile since I have walked and the sun is shinning out there. I may go walk despite that it will hurt later.
Sometimes I just gotta get out and smell the FALL in the air and smell the tress and sun.

I have a lot of thanks for the sober life I live today. I am so lucky to be alive.

Chrissy

Closed Thread