It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #1
(female)

Sweetie31 HB User
Question Fatigue

Hi Everyone,

Sweets here....I am on Day 6 - doing well but NO ENERGY! Will this come back?? I always had energy on my meds, except when I was sleepy. I am sleeping at night but not able to get to sleep easily? ANy thoughts here??

I want to feel like a normal person, I know it will take awhile but damn....this no energy, drive etc....exhausting....

TY Sweet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User
Re: Fatigue

Hey sweetie,

How are you? I know exactly what you're talking about regarding no energy. Even if you had motivation to do something, its so hard to "get up" and do it. I've found that fresh air makes a HUGE difference. If you can just get yourself up and going lol. Get outside, take a walk but have a destination in mind. If you go out for "just a walk" then you won't last long. Pick a spot up the road from home and go!! I live in a large city so I can go for a coffee, go buy a book or magazine, meet a friend etc.

Fresh fruits are amazing as well. If you like smoothies, go ahead and have two or three a day. You'll find you have more energy if you eat/drink fresh fruits.

Try staying away from coffee. I drink about 2 large coffees a day and it does not help at all. I get a little energy boost for about 10 minutes, then I'm laying on the couch for over an hour once the coffee jolt is gone lol. My next goal is to quit coffee however...one day at a time.

Let me know if you find any other useful tools for getting energy. You are doing great!! I hope you are proud of yourself. Keep up the good work - and keep telling us how you're doing. You are such an inspiration

Hugs,
emsmom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

hey take it easy,you are one of the lucky ones.just be glad the w/d wasnt worse than it was.no energy is a small matter to deal with.at least you are sleeping and sleeping good.i once went about 10days with no sleep from wds.so slow down it will come with time and only clean time.you have had it pretty easy as far as w/ds go so count your blessings and never get addicted again.if you are clean for 30days you will be over hump #1.your doing awesome,keep up the good work.take it day by day as it comes.dont rush anything,you are not out of harms way yet.good luck-spark

Old 10-27-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

Hi Sweeti,
Fatigue is one thing I can't seem to get over and it's been almost 2 months since withdrawal. I'm taking Lexapro for depression so I don't know if the Lexapro or the depression, or both, have something to do with it. It's so frustrating not having energy to do more than I have to. I go to work, do laundry and sloppy housekeeping. I told my husband today that I'm ashamed of how bad I've let things get. Winter is coming which is my time to hybernate so I hope it gets better soon LOL
I hope I'm the exception and not the rule with the fatigue. EMS Mom has some good suggestions we'll have to try
Here's wishing us both some engery!
JB

Old 10-29-2007, 02:39 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Sweetie31:

You haven't posted for a couple days. I hope that all is going well with your detox. Let us know how you are doing.

Stay strong,

mk

Old 10-29-2007, 06:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Sweetie --how are you doing? you are in a very hard part of detox and you need to talk to us. let us know all is well.

Closed Thread