It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2007, 04:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
What is everyone doing tonight?

Just thought we could talk about something else and get our minds off the ADDICTION for a minute or two. I hiked a Mt. today with my little girl. Great to do in full WD's --RIGHT!! But I did it. She kicked my butt the whole way up. It is amazing how if you force yourself to release the endorphines, it make you feel soooo much better.

Watchin a movie! thats what I am doing --

O

Old 10-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: What is everyone doing tonight?

Hi

I went shopping with my baby today (she is 28!) while Hubby stayed home and cooked away. He cooked macaroni and meatballs and sausage and garlic bread and a homemade apple cake. We came home, Son, his Wife, Grandbaby joined us for dinner. After dinner, I did the Hokey Pokey with my grandbaby... and he kicked MY butt the whole time. Chuckles.

Now a bubble bath and chill out time.

reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

Well you two have had a better day than me. Woken by cat at 2:30 am so I went to work at 7am. Worked till 5:00. Drove home rush hour in the pouring down rain. Fed my husband leftover chinese I had for lunch for dinner (tee hee) and have been channel surfing and browsing the web. I'm not complaining. It's Friday. Yeah!!!!!!
Have a good weekend everyone.
JB

Old 10-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Go Soxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!

Yes

Old 10-27-2007, 07:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hey Circle

I am with you, but I gotta say... I have some sympathy for that first game. Gotta give Denver credit for even showing up for Game 2. Chuckles.

Wanna know one of the best and most special memories I have? I saw, in person and live at the stadium, the last game of the1969 "You gotta believe" series between the Mets and Baltimore. I went with my Pop, who is now gone. It was SO cold that day! The stands were full to capacity. The only food left were peanuts.. even the hot coffe sold out it was so cold. I remember holding those hot peanuts in my hand to try and warm up. But when the Mets took the game, NOBODY needed anything else to warm up because we all got so PUMPED screaming and yelling at the amazing victory.

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!

Smiles
reach

Old 10-27-2007, 10:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Reach --that is AWESOME --what a game that was --well --it was a little tricky for a bit there, BUT we are up 3-0!!!!! WOW --cant believe this MIGHT happen again. and I can enjoy it in full WD'S! YES --i wont for get this one will I --I hope you had a great night.

O

Old 10-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User

I am loving you guys right now. Been off herion, methadone, and crack for 6 years almost. I just let a chick I know stay with me to get on her feet and she disappointed me. She did not go back to drugs..... I know that via a weekly drug test I gave her but unfortunatly she has not become a responsible indivual to my expectations. Besides all of that I took my now two and a half year old to our little down town tricker treating thing. We argued about him putting a costume on for fourty five minutes and he finally did and had a wonderful day. He is funny. I made the mistake of puttin on an adult move (little miss sunshine) and he repeated " f...in Chicken" a few times as I was turning the channel. Woops. Bad Idea. I love my life. I have a house....where as four and even two years ago I was not there. I have life so under control it is scary. Enjoy life....enjoy little kids....they are inocent and will keep you honest......if we could only go back.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:34 AM   #8
(male)

brickz11 HB User

Well tonight was the night of our 6th annual Halloween party, and of course its "costume only". Every year has its own theme, which is decided by lottery on the night of the previous year.."saturday night live", was this year's. Hans and Frans, the cheerleaders, Rosanna Dana, Candy gram, my beautiful wife and i were Patirck Swayze and Chris Farley chippendales, and we even had a "DIAB" which was absolutely outstanding. I worked the first half of the day, like always, but this was the first "sober" year for me, have to admit i was extremely nervous..had no idea what to expect of myself, having CT'd 6 days ago, was actually terrified to go into that setting, almost as if i was the only one not in costume..if that makes sense. My daughter was Cinderella, and at 15 months, was truly the most beatiful and stunning cinderella I have ever seen. Its 2:30 and the clean up is all done, and I am having the best the time replaying little moments of laughter and frivolity from throughout the night, and i realize that i made it...I actually made it thru the party, completely coherent with real time memories of just the little stuff that would have normally been buried forever by the fervor of my addiction, sounds and smells, the pitch of a dear friends laugh. They are vivid and real, not paper thin recollections. This is so much better. Not only did my alumni win there football game, i have tickets to the pro game tommorrow, with one of my best friends in the world(besides the mrs.). As I type I am still taken aback at how vivid my memory of the nights events are, which up until 6 days ago would have been lost, rather than savored. I love this, and I know that this is just the beginning of a much longer battle, but if the rewards of just this little bit are amazing....I can only imagine how grand the rewards of maintaining the future can/will be. Tonight was a great night.

Brick

Old 10-28-2007, 06:07 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am loving the stories on this thread!

Happy and blessed Sunday, Guys.
reach

Old 10-28-2007, 05:01 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

HERE WE GO --Can the SOX do it again. That is what I AM DOING tonight. WIN IT BOYS!!

O

Old 10-28-2007, 06:42 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

I stopped by to say HIDY to my dear friend REACH! AND, WHAT DO I SEE??? I live in CO. and am a Yankees fan, but I cannot NOT root for my home team. Dont get cocky, guys! Things COULD change! LOL!
Im glad everyone is having a good time regardless of things, no matter what the magnitude. I love threads like this~~~
xoxoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 10-28-2007 at 06:42 PM.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:49 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heya Izzy!

Must be on the same wave today.. I went to se what is up with you. Smiles. I am not posting so much anymore, but I do keep in sync with the board.

I am finally done tapering, Izzy, and moving forward again in life. It is wonderful. Lou (aka Coder) has made it also and I am so proud of him. Ready-to-be-done is on the verge.. been clean for about two months now. My sweet Kadee has disappeared temporarily but I continue to look for her.

And yep, this is a GREAT thread. I enjoy it.

Oh, ummm.. by the way.... it is currently One to Zip, Red Sox. I Know Circle here is grinning. Chuckles.

Hope all is well with you.
Love
reach

Old 10-28-2007, 07:14 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Hidy Reach!!!
Im SOO happy to hear about Coder! OMG, I can remember the days when he had the worst times, and his job and everything. If you get a chance, tell him IM SOOOOOOO proud of him!
Of coursse Im always stunned by you, and your progress and the way you are always here for everyone. Ready will make it...Its been a long hard road, but I have tons of faith in Ready. Kadee? Im stunned...I hope and pray that she is ok, and will check back in when she is ready to come back and share with us. There are alot of new ppl who need help and guidance, and one post that caught me tonite was the momma for her son. I saw youd posted on it, so I hope you will keep them in your heart and soul and do your wonder for them. You have such a wonderful heart and soul, and God did put you in all of our lives for a reason. Its in these boards every day...
Luv and huggers to you Reach...I post mostly on the PM board if you ever want to see whats flying with me.
Oh, and by the way? Red Sux just may get their behinds beat tonite. heehee!
xoxoxoxo,
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 10-28-2007, 08:25 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

4-1 ==WIN WIN WIN --is it the end for CO. Reach --I am soooo glad that Coder made it. Member his DAY1 and MY DAY 1 they were crazy times. It was like we were competing. Crazy. I am so happy for him. I dream of that time. Please help me get there. Another night of no sleep and sweats, BUT if the SOX win it will help.

O (me__gu_) :-)

Closed Thread