It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2007, 07:47 AM   #1
(female)

cam724 HB User
Does anyone know the answer to this????

i have posted quite a few times on here before...i am still taking percocet for my back issues, but i know i take it more, and i am verrry scared to go off....as i have stated i just started a new job and i have 2 young kids to take care of......i really never take more than 3, ten mg pills a day but it has been about 18 months now, and all they do is make me utterly exhausted!!!! i mean i cannot stay awake like 2 hours after i take it.....but after, before any withdrawal symptoms start i feel good, so why do i take another???? i tapered off klonopin when i found out i was pregnant and i could not leave my house for 2 weeks!! i cant have that happen again! i find it VERY hard to taper, i have no self control with that.....then i go back to the fact that i do have a legit pain issue, but like i said these damn pills just make me so tired...UUGGGHHHHH i just dont know what to do!

Old 10-27-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User
Re: Does anyone know the answer to this????

Hey Cam,
You shouldn't have too hard a road ahead of you, with you only taking 3 pills a day. Why don't you SLOWLY taper? Like go down to 2 1/2 pills and stay at that dose for a week or two, then go down to 2 pills....etc....
That should be best since u have to work and have kids to care for. Then make sure u add in the vitamins/minerals suggested on "home detox" because they should help with alot of the symptoms. I really don't think it should be too hard for you, especially since you actually feel WORSE after taking them (as far as fatigue) , then you'll probably feel less tired when tapering down.
Oh what i'd do to have only been taking 3 percocets a day.....that really should be very doable. Just don't rush it....take it slowly and plan it out. Write up a plan for it and that should help you feel motivated and more able to stick to it when u know what your shooting for.
Good luck honey! I'll add u to my prayer list.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread