It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
(female)

Gee79 HB User
Big Trouble

I have a serious addiction to lortab 10. Im 28 years old and I take up to 30 - 40 a day. My problem got so bad that I started to write fake prescriptions. To make a long story short I got caught and arrested. My court date is set for 11/27. I am seeking help before my court date and going to a doctor to for treatment. Can anyone tell me if taking that many pills is enough to go on that subutox. I ask this because I always hear about people addicted to stronger pain meds. I have an appointment on monday and they told me I was not to take any meds for 24hrs. I tried to stop taking the lortab (had no choice-when I was arrested - 12hrs) and I never got so sick in my life. Does anyone have any legal advise as well. All I can think about is how can this happen to someone like me. I'm a good person with a very bad problem and very afraid.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:49 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User
Re: Big Trouble

Hi Gee:
Yes, that amount is enough to be able to take subutex/subaxone and get results. Coming off that many a day, sub. may be very much needed. It's a personal choice. You WILL have to withdrawal off that one day though, keep that in mind. I am doing that right now, and it is very very hard. But, it has helped me tremendously over the past 9 months i've taken it.
And yes, you have to be OFF the Lortabs completely and in full withdrawal in order for the sub. to work correctly and atually HELP with w/d's and not go against you. I've heard someone on this board talk of them starting the sub. too soon, and it actually making them worse.
So speak to your doctor or clinic about the choice of sub.....i think u said u already have appt. coming up. Again, one day you will have to come off the sub., but hopefully you can do it over a slow process and not have it too hard. And a very low dose of sub. is doable to help u thru this. It's not like other opiates where more feels better, it doesn't work like that. Which helps with the cravings bcuz u know that taking more does nothing.
As far as legal advice, i'm not sure......all i can tell u to do is pray. And leave it in your higher powers hands. This all happened for a reason, i firmly believe EVERYTHING happens for a reason. And this is your chance to break free from the imprisoning hold of opiates. Good luck & God Bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2007, 02:01 AM   #3
(male)

brickz11 HB User

Hey Gee, I was almost at your level of dosing, took anywhere from 18-25 or more 10's a day, mostly 7 or 8 at a time. I crash tapered, if there is such a thing, went from 27 on saturday to 3 on sunday and took 8 7.5s from early monday morning i think thru the rest of the day on monday, and nothing after that, till i started my first sub. dosage on thursday morning. Do you remember how you felt when you could take just 1 or 2 10's? that was what the sub. was like, for me anyways, but different, i honestly dont know if it was the emotional state i was in, or the sub. itself. But it felt different, and i mean different in a good way. And like i said, not sure why, wheather it was my yearn for sobriety or the simple fact that it was prescribed and not "street" i'm not sure but it was different. I have no idea what it will or could be like for you, but for me, personally, it helped me mentally get seperated from the feeling of "dependancy" or that urgancy you get when your out and about and you have more time than you do pills. For me it helped, but i did spend 4 very hellish days, with from what i have seen on these boards with very acute Cold Turkey or CT symptons, even tho i was still technically taking "something". Your situation and how your body will react will be unique to you. There is great sticky post on home detox or self detox preperations that takes you from pre-withdrals to full blown CT detox, with information on otc vitamins, fluids, herbs, and the whole nine, i urge you read that and get as best prepared as you can. Personally i dont think that sub. is a cure, but more or less an aid/replacement to what the 30 or so 10's you are used to taking, and by replacement I mean that you will have to fight sub. one day. I am proudly on day 6, with 2 days of sub. For me sub. gave me back energy so that i could, as i said before, better prepare myself mentally for dealing with fact that I am and always will be an addict. As far as the legal advise, i have no idea what to tell ya, wish i did. But addiction wise, i went from 27 10's last saturday, and about a $2000 a week problem, to nothing this saturday. Just about everyone that has taken the time to share and post on this godsend of a message board has been thru what you are about face. Best advice i can give you is to read, listen, and take to heart what these great folks have put into words. You can do this. I did. Keep posting and I for one will keep responding, so your not alone in this, MK helped me, and i will do my best to help you. You can do this ok, 15 minutes from now, your 15 minutes better off.

Brick

Old 10-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
(female)

Gee79 HB User

Thanks to everyone for your support. Can anyone tell me if 12 hrs is enough time for detoxing before going sub?

Old 10-29-2007, 12:33 AM   #5
(male)

brickz11 HB User

Gee, not sure what the answer to your question is, your doctor with the sub. should be able to tell you.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:14 PM   #6
(male)

eddie1971 HB User

My wife was coming off a 8-10 Norco a day habit for 4 years and the doc started her on 8mg Subutex every 12 hrs sublingual.
She started it right as soon as she started to feel w/d, as her dr stated she should.
her reaction to the first dosage was as if she had taken too much norco.
So, I'm thinking the dosage was a little too much right off.
I suggested she cut them in half, but she is going to wait to talk to her Doc
tomorrow.

Dunno.
After reading the posts from eveyone it seems it does everyone different.
But her first dose was about 6 -8 hrs after her last norco.

So, who knows.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
(female)

wheninrome1313 HB User

Forging prescriptions is a felony and can carry 1-3 years. If this is your first offense, chances are that you will get probation and sentenced to drug treatment, which is the best thing that could happen to you right now. GET A LAWYER. You need someone familiar with the courts and your situation who can suggest treatment and probation. If you get some new PD who doesn;t know what to say, you could end up with bad results. I would also apologize to the doctor on your own. If you can sit down with the doc, this will help you in court. It will show that you are truly remorseful and want help. The doc may also offer to help you by speaking for you in court or helping you through treatment.

Just because we are addicted does not mean we are bad people. We are good people who have had our lived taken over by something much stronger than most of us could have ever imagined. Use this experience as a way to get off! You have been given a warning and I would get off before you get worse. All of us here wish we could turn back the clocks and made different choices at our crossroads. You are there my friend. Make the right choice and don;t go down that road. Trust me, it will ruin your life!!!!!!

Closed Thread