It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

Gee79 HB User
Detoxing before going on Sub.

Can anyone tell me if 12hrs. is enough detoxing time before going on sub.?

Old 10-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #2
(female)

c14a10 HB User
Re: Detoxing before going on Sub.

Hi there! What are you detoxing off of? I'm currently taking Suboxone. I've been taking it since May 30th, 2006. I heard about it from a friend. I called the doctor and set up an appt. and when I went for the consultation I layed it all out on the table. I mean everything I'd been taking and how long I'd been taking it. He wrote me a Rx for Suboxone. He said I couldn't take anything past 6pm the night before. I got it filled and went to his office the next morning in full withdrawals. My appt. was at 9. I went in and he said the way your feeling right now is going to be the worst of it. He was right. I put the pill under my tongue, let it dissolve and waited. I had to wait in his office for about 2hrs. just to see how the medicine would react with me. I started to feel a forgotten sense of normal once again. Long story short..I'm down to 2-4mgs a day. I've always been honest with my doctor and followed exactly what he said to do with the dosages. I can honestly and 100% say that not 1 hydrocodone, soma or xanax or anything else for that matter has crossed my lips in almost 1 1/2yrs. I read and wrote stuff on here and did my homework about Suboxone before I went to the doctor. I was worried that I was trading one thing for another. Some folks do. I however did not. I am very proud of myself. I'm sorry if I rambled but this subject is a very important and sensitive one to me. I hope I have been of some help and if there are anymore questions please ask. And I promise not to babble :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread