It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2007, 06:03 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
Feeling blue this morning

This is going to be a tough week. Surgery tomorrow (mild), bunch of work and my parents are coming at the end of the week, right in the middle of a taper. Fun. Didnt want to get out of bed for work, but here I am. Anyone else having a hard time?

O

Old 10-29-2007, 06:25 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User
Re: Feeling blue this morning

OMG, I'm am so miserable right now, I seriously wonder if i am just weak, or if this is what everyone else feels during tapering.
I have NO energy, diarrhea every 1/2 hour, and feel so horrible i can barely type. I am so so so tired ......
This sucks so bad, and having to work on top of it is so hard. But thankfully, and i am thankful for this part, my Father agreed to let me work from home for the next month or so until i get better. So i'm sitting here in my jammies not even brushed my teeth yet, praying that i'll feel better.
What are u coming off of and what are u feeling?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 07:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

hi maggie --I am tapering off of hydro. I am down to 3 pills a day and will swtich to 2 (7.5's) tomorrow. I really havent had that bad of sysmtoms yet, but I know its coming. Look up user name meddguy to see my screwup past! We can get through this. Were are you at and what was your drug?

Hang in there --trust me -its get better. Its that later months that sneek up and get us right back here. Its kinda tricky like that.

O

Old 10-29-2007, 07:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi to Both of You

Okay, pep talk time here:

It is when it is the crummiest that we have to draw from those 'untapped reserves" of strength and faith. These are the moments and time when we have to try and turn the thoughts around. Every moment of crappiness is one more moment towards the final goal. We suffer now so we can feel better in time.

How many times have we each said in the course of life, "Oh, I would give anything if......?" Well, now is the time to give some pain to get the "if I could only get past this addiction." Give it gladly... it is a gift to yourself.

Maggie, count to three and then force yourself up and go brush those ivories. One, two, THREE... do it. And then feel good that you have conquered one more moment towards accomplishing getting off the pills.

Circle... get up and move and do something. C'mon, you know the drill. Movement beats the blues in this. And stop projecting into tomorrow and how crummy you may feel then. You are here today, let tomorrow's problems, AND joys, present themselves tomorrow.

I am off to a doctor appointment.

Later, alligators
reach

Old 10-29-2007, 08:37 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

mudbone HB User

I have to agree with reach. Just get up and do somthing, and you will feel a sense of accomplishment. Then the next task at hand, you say well, if I could do that, then I can do this.
I am 36 days clean today, and I am still struggeling to do stuff, but I know I have to do it and I feel better after I did it. I am finding myself doing more and more. Weekends are the hardest for me as "dont have do work", and I can feel the difference negativley. At work, "I have to" at home "I dont" and that is bad. I will sit around then feel like crap until I kick myself in the arss and go do somthing.
Honestly, if possible work up a sweat always seems to be benificial. I know you are early in recovery but the sooner you can, the better you'll feel. I promise!!! One more thing, the more I drank - gatoraide, water, juice, the more I was able to get up and do.
Wishing you the best..

Old 10-29-2007, 10:22 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User

Ooooooooh........
I shoulda' known Reachey-Roo would get me for my cranky post
Sometimes ya just gotta b*tch though.....bcuz i have to be "good" for everyone and everything in "real" life it feels good sometimes to come on here and just complain....ya know what i mean?
That's why i'm looking into checking into a 1 wk detox center. I just feel like i have too much to live up to with having to work and be good for when my husband comes home etc. I don't want the pressure to be anything when i'm coming off this....i just want to get better. And i've come to the realization that doing it at home just isn't working. Bcuz i hate the way i feel emotionally,, and i want to feel better when i see my hubby. So i usually give in and take more just to be "ok" for him and be up to par.
I don't need that while i'm trying to get better....so i feel like being alone and in a place where i'm "forced" to do this i'll have a better chance.
We'll see though, i have to see what my insurance covers.

Oh and Reachey, thanks for the story. It helps put things into perspective.
And what an inspiring story.....shows that God gives us exactly what we need.
Sounds like she had a really rough time, but her dedication paid off.
Thanks............

Old 10-29-2007, 06:22 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

sorry to bust in on the thread but maggie - you make me crack up so hard sometimes !!!!

full - 0 and maggs - hope you both are feeling a little better right now. i am praying for a good night's sleep for both of you !!!!

hugs,
michelle

Old 10-29-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

I went for a run today with a whooping headache. I tried and tried but it didnt go away. WOW that was a crappy run. I didnt stop though, know that the poison was spewing from my pores. it helped, but not as much as I would like . Tomorrow is another day. Surgery in the AM --wish me luck --I hope that advil helps.

O

Closed Thread