It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
Anyone gone CT from this dosage.

I am currently on 2 x 7.5 a day and want to end this crap. It feels like I am prolonging the pain. What would happen if I just flushed the hydro went CT --When would the worst WD's kick in day 2 or 3? or even 4. I can take monday and tuesday off from work next week, then work a light schedule on Wed. Any thoughts

O

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 12:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Anyone gone CT from this dosage.

Hello

No, I am not going to lecture. Smiles.

My only thoughts (that I will share!) are that I think it is a bit unrealistic to think you will feel up to working even a light schedule by Wednesday. Of course, my thoughts are based om what the majority of my cuts felt like even on a taper. It always took me a wek mimimum to level off again at all and then another week to build the stamina to make another cut.

However, we are not, by any means, all the same. If you truly feel that you can jump off from this dose, then do what you fel you can. You know I will wish you the best in what you decide for yourself.

Stay strong
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

i agree reach, BUT you remember me before I had a LONG DRAWN OUT taper with 10/325. I never actually made it to cutting the pills in half. So I believe this will be just like that. One thing I am scared to do is tell my DR. that I went back again. I really want to so he could give me some librium for the WD's that helped last time. Sunday worning is the last day for me!! DAy 1 Sunday. Here I go again.

O

Old 10-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello Full O

Well, Sunday sounds like a good day to start a new life. Smiles. Kind of a sweet irony to it I think.

Calcium and magnesium supplements can go a long way in calming jittery nerves. I took not only the supplements, but also forced down a four ounce glass of milk twice a day, especially on the days when I felt like I was going around the bend there. No smile. Please try the supplements. They can be had seperately or in a combo tablet.

You know what? I know that it will never be pleasant withdrawing, but I think that this time around you will have more understanding. I think the things like deep breathing will click in more by habit this time. You will know enough... as you have already shown, to get physical to help yourself. You can do it and feel confident that you can do it because you have survived it before. It has taken me 56 years but now I can finally sit in a dentist's chair and know, really know, that I AM going to walk out alive. I am really serious here... I am a gagger and have a big fear of dental work, but finally, finally it has become like a habit to start breathing deeply the moment I sit in that chair and I can even remove myself mentally from the "here and now" of what is going on if necessary. We humans have a wonderful capacity to cope, huh?

Stay strong. You can make it through this. I really believe that. And then we will all work with you to find success in the next stage.. staying clean for good.... because you ARE capable of that, too. We have to recognize where we failed in the past and come up with a different course for the next time around with hope always that what we come up with is going to be successful.

Breathe, and hope will be there with each breath.

Hugs
reach

Old 10-29-2007, 05:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

I went cold turkey from about that dosage. I'd been taking hydro for 2 yrs, never exceeded 2-4 pills a day, usually just 2 and I think they were the 10mg ones. Seems like so long ago, I can't remember exactly but it was early September. I didn't even realize I was going thru wd because I honestly did not think I was addicted. Even went to the dr to find out what was wrong with me LOL. I never told her I was taking the hydro as I got that elsewhere. Anyway, for me, it was like I had a virus. Felt just plain nasty, diarreaha and fatigue. Worked thru the whole thing. Dr thought it was depression and put me on a new anti-depressant, cymbalta. I was on Paxil for a few yrs. After a week of they cymbalta dosage went up I got sick. I'm sure it was from the cymbalta because as soon as I tapered off of that, I felt better. I'm on Lexapro now. I still don't feel great. I am depressed over a number of things. But the physical withdrawal was over in about a week. It was the mental side of things that was the worst for me. Terrible cravings for the hydro, which I no longer have. Now I just have life to deal with and with winter coming, I'm not the happiest person. Best wishes with whatever you decide to do.
JB

Old 10-29-2007, 05:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

THANKS Reach (as always deep great words) and super thanks to Granny (if I remember right -the NOT OLD person with an old screenname-lol) your words were heard and much appreciated. You have tapped into a few things that I want to figure out. I am a veteran here, reach knows that. I have seen and responded to it all, but for some reason I cant make it. That is what I am going to figure out over the next few months. I have so many unanswered questions. Granny-you brought up the "anti -D's" that is something that I have thought about for some time now. This whole ordeal started around 10 years ago when I was diagnosed with a very bad cancer at age 25. BANG. Huge life changing experience that I got through and probably have never REALY dealt with. I have had issues with depression in the past, but I have never had to deal with them because I would use the Hydro or something else when "that feeling" came around. I am not really scared to try an anti-depressant, but I want to make sure that it would work. I want to be happy. Thats it. I have been blessed with such a wonderful family and life, It was killing me to watch me let it pass me by in a drugged out haze each night. We have like 2 psychiatrist in this town. I have tried one and didnt like him, that part is frustrating. I want the right meds. Sorry to rant and rave, but this is the first phase of getting better for me. To vent all the pent up stuff that I have wanted to say in the last few months, but didnt because I was living a lie.

O

Old 10-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

Hey O - that's funny you rembered me and why! Regarding the anti-d. I don't think I could have made it thru this whole thing without it. While I'm still sad, I have quite a few reasons to be. BUT, I don't feel like crying all the time like I did and I have never been a cryer. I don't feel like I'm going to have a melt down anymore when things get really bad at work, etc. Might be something you want to consider. I've never been to a psychiatrist before. Any GP can prescribe the anti-d. I think some may know more about them than others. Mine knew to taper me from cymbalta after only 2 weeks where someone on the dp board's dr took them off cold turkey. It's nothing like tapering from opiates though. I felt better as soon as I got off the cymbalta & on the Lexapro but they take about 2-4 weeks to feel the full effect.
Hey,I'm sorry about your past health problems. I hope that part of you life is all in the past and this miserable part will be soon.
JB

Old 10-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

O -
first of all, hi ! i remember you too, from back when i started on here !
are you stable on that dose right now? how much did you jump from last time you ct? i know you've thought of all this already...... i just wish you the best of luck and hope that everything goes well for you. we both know that the quitting is just a "formality" that we have to get through to get to the hard part.
anything that you need, anyway that i can help, i will be here.... im just now tapering (long and slow) off of sub so i dont have it right either, but i did for 5 1/2 years and they were so HAPPY, i want to get there again. the 12 steps had a whole lot to do with the amount of time i did stay sober. my relationships in AA too. thats how i stayed sober. but i stopped going, and started isolating, THATS how i relapsed.
i hope you find your "happy place" ... i pray you do........

take care, talk soon friend,

michelle

Closed Thread