It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2007, 06:47 PM   #1
(male)

bowdenta HB User
recovery time hydrocodone addiction

I have been taking 30 mg hydrocodone daily for the last 8 weeks If I quit cold turkey how many days will it take for me to stop feeling withdrawl effects? im hoping its only 3 days or so before Im no longer physically addicted right now its been 24 hours sober and im starting to feel slightly better do I have more than 2 days before i can function? im hoping in 48 hours I will be able to continue my normal life also Im pretty skinny and have a high metabolism

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
Re: recovery time hydrocodone addiction

first--are u an addict or just curious of the effects of a prescribed drug you took for pain? you took a small amount for a small time, so the WD effects should not be that bad, but the worst is always at day 3-4. I have been through this 5 times. It sucks. stay away from this drug, unless you need it for pain and take it only for the time frame that you need it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 08:49 PM   #3
(male)

bowdenta HB User

i wouldnt say addict - but slightly dependent. started as a one month thing following surgery and then the next month i acquired them for recreational usage. im feeling better 24 hours after finally. does it really get worse around day 3? my friend was takin 150 mg a day and he said he got through it in 5 days. considering i was only taking 30 mg a day i think it will probably be almost completely be out of my system in 36 hours (by the time I wake up). im hoping i can cut your estimate and my friends in half because im not that dependent

Old 10-29-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

Hey there Bowdenta,
If you are feeling pretty good at day one, hopely not too long 3-4 days as Fullcircle said. I don't remember if my withdrawls kicked in on the first day or not. It was about of week of feeling flu like with bad diareha, but not so bad that I could not work. I suggest Tylenol and Imodium on hand. I had a hard time eating thru that period but fruit smoothies went down pretty good. They usually have bannas and I could tolerate then pretty good.
Best wishes!
JB

Old 10-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #5
(male)

bowdenta HB User

truth be told im coming off an upper respiratory infection (bacterial) so that added some sickness to the dope sick. antibiotics are kicking in so i think my infection is on its last leg. taking loperamide and acetemenophen did wonders (thanks granny - no more shits or fever). i also got my hands on some xanax and thats the real "magic pill" for dope sickness (and dont worry Ive been addicted to xanax and I wont let that happen again). Im guessing day 3 will be when I can go to work comfortably Also according to internet legend phreex taking 5+ loperamide cures dope sickness as well (check the chemcial structure, its opiate like) not sure if high doses causes the dopamine action or if it just gives you extreme diarrhea relief. any scientific or conjectural proof of Phreex's theory?

Closed Thread