It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 05:55 AM   #1
(female)

SHELLY1824 HB User
I Dont Know What To Do

I Have Been Addicted 2 Painpills For Over A Year Now, And Then I Got On Suboxon For The First Time In January 07 And I Didnt Really Know How They Worked Cuz I Didnt Get All The Facts And Details About Them So Basically I Thought They Didnt Work But Really I Think It Was Just Withdrawl From Them. So Since January I've Been On Them 5 Times. I Last Took Them In July And I Wasnt Any Better. So I Started Taking Pills Again. Well Now Im Pregnant And Ive Been Going Through Withdrawls For 2 Days Now And Their Worse Then They Have Ever Been. I Just Want My Life Back And I Dont Want To Take The Suboxon Because I Dont Have The Money For Them. I Havent Told Nobody That Im Still Sick So I Really Cant Talk To Anyone So If Anybody Has Any Advise For Me Please Let Me Know. I Just Dont Know What To Do.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:18 AM   #2
(female)

bridgetmark HB User
Re: I Dont Know What To Do

Shelly,

I'm so sorry you did not find success with the suboxone, but that doesn't mean you can't get through this now. Go to a doctor, your ob, if you trust him or her, a family physician if you have one you trust, anyone. They can help you through this and advise you on what you can take while you are pregnant to help you and the baby. You don't have to do this alone. Meanwhile, make sure you take in lots of fluids, no ibuprofen products and get some rest. You really do need to get in contact with a doctor. I think you'll be fine, but your body is doing two jobs right now (growing a baby, and withdrawing from narcotics) and it could use a little assistance, professional assistance, right now. Hang in there sweetie, you're going to make it!

Bridget

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2007, 09:01 AM   #3
(female)

SHELLY1824 HB User

Thanks. It Feels Good To Know That Someone Cares. My Boyfriend Doesnt Do Drugs And He Tried To Help Me In The Past With The Suboxon But He Refuses To Help Again Because He Just Doesnt Understand. I Never Told Him The Suboxon Didnt Work Because I Was Too Ashamed. The Only Person That I Really Want To Tell Is My Mom Because I Feel Like She Wont Judge Me. But I Dont Have A Family Doctor, I Dont Even Have Insurance. But I Was Thinking The Same Thing, To Tell A Doctor And Hope That They Can Help Me. Thank U So Much For The Advise I Really Really Appreciate It.

Thanks Again,
Shelly

Old 11-01-2007, 09:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Hi Shelly,

How are you? Listen my dear, you have to talk to a doctor. I looked up some info and please read this carefully...

Your baby will suffer withdrawals as well.

I too, was addicted when I got pregnant, however it was very early in my addiction so I just stopped. I was taking about 2 - 4 percocets a day. It was my prescribed dose, however I took them for reasons OTHER than pain. I enjoyed taking them. I originally was prescribed percocet for back pain. I lied to my doctor and said I still needed the pills although I wasn't suffering from as much pain. Anyway, I just quit taking the pills when I found out I was pregnant - BUT I was at a very low dose and didn't suffer any withdrawals (not that I can remember anyhow).

So Shelly, please consider talking to your OB/GYN or your family physician. If you are having alot of w/d's, you NEED to have this addressed. If you are not comfortable talking to your doctor, then certainly talk to us - however, everyone here will advise you to talk to a professional.

Are you ok to do that?

I wish you all the luck in the world. I hope your pregnancy goes well - try to look at the positive side - you'll be forced to stop taking anything, and NEVER allow yourself to take another one again. Unfortunately, I wasn't really hooked that bad when I got pregnant, so I started right back again after my daughter was born (stupid, stupid me) and I got REALLY addicted. Your situation can be looked at as a blessing.

Good luck, keep in touch
Sincerely,
emsmom

Last edited by emsmom; 11-01-2007 at 09:33 AM.

Closed Thread