It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
Hanging in! (no pun intended)

It has been a few days since I have posted. I am still on track. Boy, does the BIG "V" surgery stink for a guy. I had it a few days ago and if I see another bag of frozen peas, I will puke. I have not had any pain medication yet today, so I think all is going well. I will continue the taper and CT the rest of the crap on sunday as planned. Boy is the board slow these days. I guess with the winter coming, too many people are in denial and wont quit. NOT US, lets get this over with. Thats what i say. I am very excited for what the next month with bring. Am i looking forward to what NEXT WEEK will bring ---NOOOOOOOOOOOO, but hey, I got myself into this and I will get myself out of this.

O

Old 11-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Re: Hanging in! (no pun intended)

Hey O, you think the big "V" is bad, try childbirth LOL
Bet your wife has told you that more than once
Keep up with the plan and the humor!
JB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi FullO

Just couldn't pass up the opportunity to say:

HOLD ON!

The pain will pass from the surgery, although I am sure it must be pretty sore.
I wish you well next week and will be holding you up in my thoughts and prayers that you remain strong and convicted.

In my humble opinion, any man who willingly allows a doctor to snip his wingding there can endure just about anything. Chuckles.

Hugs ( VERY gentle hugs)
reach

Old 11-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #4
(female)

bridgetmark HB User

Hey Fullcircle,

Just like the others, couldn't pass up the chance to say, oh my, if you think the big V is tough, try childbirth 4 times and a total hysterectomy! Just kidding, any surgery is tough, truly. Our bodies were not meant to be cut open, especially near there! I know you will be able to make it through next week, and since I am relatively close to quitting like you, we are going to be there for each other to make it through the tough times that sneak up on us later. I, like you, think that is the really tough part. So hang in there, and post to me whenever you get a craving or that feeling, and we will talk each other out of it! Hang tough!

Bridget

Old 11-02-2007, 08:06 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

I'll be here with ya! I'm going down tapering from sub.. It's such a slow process and I just want to speed it up!! I go to 6 on Sunday for a week, then every Sunday go down a mg. I'm a little scared since I know some people have had problems once they get to the 2mg part.. But I'm going to start working out, because my Dr swears that will help me not feel so bad. I'm going to join a class at the Y. Hope you feel better soon!

g8trgrl

Old 11-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

mudbone HB User

Hi there Brandi! Long time no see! Sounds like your doing well on your taper, thats great! Keep up the good work even if it gets tough.
Today is day 40 for me, well sort of, I've had a few cocktails every now and then, but keepin myself in line.
Well just wanted to say hello when I saw your name. Take care, and will be thinkin bout ya! Your buddy, Tom

Old 11-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Brandi???? --no brandi here --you thinking of someone else?

O

Old 11-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

O, Brandi is g8trrl15. She's a great girl
JB

Old 11-03-2007, 05:39 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

mudbone HB User

Brandi is a freind from the PM board. Sorry for butting in a a thread, just wanted to say hello to my freind.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi FullO

Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you as Sunday approaches. I am wishing you well. There are a lot of tools in your arsenol... use them faithfully. You can do this, you will do it. I am sure some prayerful time before the countdown begins will not fall on empty ears. Smiles.

Day at a time, moment by moment.

In hope
reach

Old 11-05-2007, 12:22 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Hey Tom!!
Thanks for saying hello.. it had been a while since I heard from you! Good to hear.. 40 days!! Mine's been 53.. today is day 53. Today's my downdose day.. down to 6 mgs. I think it's more in my head than anything as it shouldn't be hard to go from 8 to 6. All I felt was some anxiety around midday. And hey, there's nothing wrong with a cocktail every now and again as long as there's no problem w/ alcohol. I never had a problem there.. just a beer every now and again. I always say I have some male chromazomes (sp) because I love college ball and bud light. Anyway, take care and don't be a stranger!!

Brandi

Old 11-05-2007, 12:26 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Sometimes I wish I was a Tom, but I am not

sorry Brandi --

Old 11-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

We're confusing you.. lol I was replying to Mudbone. We sort of got in on your thread.. sorry bout that..

Old 11-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

PM, I think he was referring to the pain management board. Is that what you're referring to?

Old 11-05-2007, 02:50 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

ya --thought there might be another board that I dont know about this one has been kinda slow these days.

Closed Thread