It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 05:55 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Drug Free Good Mood -my 3rd & final thread!

Hi my fellow addicts,
This is my 3rd & final thread. My first - I Need Help - was when I wasn't even sure I was going thru withdrawal (denial) from hydrocodone.
My second - Who am I Fooling - was when I was in the depth of withdrawal, mental anguish
My last - It's been about 2 months now and I can proudly say I am feeling
GOOD. Not just better but GOOD. Only drug that I'm taking is Lexapro and I think it has kicked in This board and the people on it have been a Godsend. I will never consider myself "cured" but I want those of you
who are out there going thru what I did 1-2 months ago that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I used to read threads like this and think I would never reach "that place" but I think I finally have. I will never forget how hard of a journey this has been and truly believe I will never go back there.
Keeping all the advise I've read here in my heart.
I hope to find more constructive things for me to do rather than hover in this board so much. It's time to get some long over due projects done. Can't say I won't pop in and give advise - sometimes I just can't resist talking LOL
JB

Old 11-02-2007, 07:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Drug Free Good Mood -my 3rd & final thread!

Hello JB

Girl, I am celebrating with you. Good for you!

Now, THAT being said, (private chuckle), keep faithful in your restored life. It is, indeed, a beautiful life to be had. The road to getting drug free is hard, and staying clean can be harder still, but I tell you that from where I sit now, it is a no-brainer and easy. Enough time has passed without the constant narcotic use that I can say this with all honesty.

We learn so much as we work through the process of withdrawal and recovery, don't we? I know it is hard for those still struggling who read this to believe how GOOD life becomes again, but we know it does. We are going to always hold the hope for those who still struggle.

Like you, I have backed away from the constant posting I did at one time. I think it is a natural progression as we become busy in the normal things of life again. It is a good progression and what we have worked so hard for. Stop in when you can and give us all a high five.

Best wishes in your restored life.

Hugs
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2007, 07:52 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

JB,
Congrats!! I'm so happy for you.. I remember there was a time when you were so depressed you didn't think you could go on.. See what time and faith can do?? I cannot wait until I'm at the point you are. I'll be there, I just have to have patience, and faith that everything will be ok in the end. Anyhow, I just wanted to say congrats and if you ever need to talk, we're here!

Brandi

Old 11-02-2007, 08:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

JB,

Congrats!! All the best you to on your road of "feeling good" I am where you were a couple months ago and you've helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you!!

Sincerely,
emsmom

Old 11-02-2007, 06:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

Ladies, you are my favorites! This board gets to be an addiction LOL
But a good one!

Reach, you are an incredible woman who has inspired me more than anyone. Your replys are always so well thought out and on target. Have you ever considered becoming a counsler? You'd be awesome! (I loved your reply to someone I know you know who I'm talking about)

EMS Mom, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. The fact that you are going off the meds at this time in your life shows just how strong of a woman you are. You will beat this addiction and your health problems!

Brandi, you hang in there. Keep up your taper and determination. You WILL get to where I am at now - where I thought I would never be just a short while ago.

Hugs, kisses and tears,

JB

Old 11-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #6
(female)

redrockrag HB User

I have been reading and wanting to write to all of you for over a year but am just starting to get the courage to face my addiction and understand when I am in pain and when I just want a bump. I had major back surgery a year ago and thought I had solved my problem when the debilitating pain was gone but then there was the oral surgery and on and on I am down to 6 hydro 7.5. My preseciption is over until December and for some reason the more I get the more I take. I take as few as 1 or 2 and as many as 7 all in little bits and pieces. Never an entire pill. I just keep bumping myself and keeping this stupid buzz for fear my pain will return. I am just fooling myself. I need to get tough and face the fact that eveyone has pain and I just need to adjust and use over the counter meds like everyone else. I have gone weeks before without meds wait out the time and then refill. I can't find a balance. I am weak. I count on my meds to give me courage, to make me happy and to get me going in the morning. My life is such a sham. Everyone thinks I am this dynamic, hard driving, intelligent and successful woman and honestly, I wonder why I can't get through this. I've been struggling for about 3 years. Excuses, some valid but this last year has been all about the pills. My w/d's will be primarily mental and that is the help I need. I think that the more you go off them the easier the w/d's are but the mental stuff. "I have got to find some." is what puts me over the edge after about a week. I always manage and then my script is renewed and for the next month I am okay. Medically I have justifiable need but mentally I am a wreck. Am I just fooling myself? I want off and don't know if I can. Forever. Is this all just nuts? I am so much better than this.
rrrag

Old 11-04-2007, 04:09 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Dear granny,

Take care of yourself and remember to put things in perspective.

Never feel that you have such a handle on your addiction that you can go back and do things different; insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Be aware of people,places and things because they can always be triggers.

Know that temptation never takes a vacation and that Murphy's Law will always be in effect.

Take with you what you have learned here and use them as tools; place them in the "recovery" backpack and take them out whenever necessary.

I wish you the best.

Sincerely stated,

Phoenix

Old 11-05-2007, 06:11 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

Hey Phoenix,
Thanks so much for your advise. I know I'll never be cured but like the rest of the people here, am dealing with things a day at a time. I never want to go back to "that place".
I do know my triggers - work is the biggest one. Someone told me something at the end of the day Friday that just sent me into a rage! So much for my good mood that day! I did alot of complaining and venting to my husband and daughter. That made me feel somewhat better, not the best thing for them though LOL
Thanks for your post!
JB

Old 11-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

rrrad,
You've done the hardest part, just realizing that there's a problem and that you've become addicted is a huge step! It is a long hard journey, I won't sugarcoat that any. But it can be done!! Just look at some of the stories that's on this board. The best bet is to be completely honest with your Dr and let them help you. It's almost impossible to do by yourself.

Good Luck!
g8trgrl

Old 11-13-2007, 05:08 AM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by granny0 View Post
Hey Phoenix,
Thanks so much for your advise. I know I'll never be cured but like the rest of the people here, am dealing with things a day at a time. I never want to go back to "that place".
I do know my triggers - work is the biggest one. Someone told me something at the end of the day Friday that just sent me into a rage! So much for my good mood that day! I did alot of complaining and venting to my husband and daughter. That made me feel somewhat better, not the best thing for them though LOL
Thanks for your post!
JB
Dear gran,

You are welcome; just remember to keep focused.

Take care.

Phoenix

Closed Thread