It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

wheninrome1313 HB User
Can't believe someone would steal from me!

Yesterday, I went to give my dog his meds and noticed his pain medication was gone. He has severe arthritis from former injuries and is on Tramadol (he gets a 50mg pill 2x a day). I had a large bottle of 500 of the 50mg pills that was donated to us by the vet. I also have an injectible one that contains several things including morphine for after his surgery, and that one wasn;t missing thank God)

All I can think of is we had the sprinkler guy here, the neighbors daughter (she is only 9) and we had a friend staying with us and she had 2 friends help pick up her things when she moved out a couple of days ago. She is pregnant and her friends are devote mormons. None of these people seem like they would even know what that med is. I don't know who could have done this! I am not even sure if this med is the same as the human version. I have to call the vet on Monday and report it. Not only do I feel violated but upset at myself for not splitting the bottle up or putting it away like any other med. This dog is a rescue dog we took in that was abused badly and in very bad shape. He was even on the news and people donated everything we have and could ever need to help with his care since he required so many procedures, special food and lots of medicine. To steal from an abused dog is almost more heines to me than if they had stolen from me! I don't know if I should bring it up to every person that was in the house that day and see what they say, or just let it go. It is a very large bottle (larger than a coke can) so it can't have been easy getting it out of here. Someone would have had to have large pockets or a bag. I am waiting for my husband to wake up so I can see if he remembers who had a bag or a jaket with large pockets.

Does anbody know of this is the same as human Tramadol? It said "traMADOL Hydrochloride Tab 50MG", just like that. What is the normal human dosage for tramadol?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
(female)

Missy14 HB User
Re: Can't believe someone would steal from me!

That is absolutely awful. My dog was on Tramadol for a long time, then went to codeine. The human dose is 50mg and it is the same as the dog dose. It is a highly abused drug. I would recommend you call and file a police report so that you can tell the vet you did that. It's expensive too, which is part of the reason we put my dog on the codeine, it's cheap. We bought Tylenol #4 and gave her a half twice a day. I'm so very sorry for you and this dog- you are a really kind person to take a dog. I hope you are able to get more of whatever this poor animal needs. God bless you for helping him.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

That person must be pretty desperate to steal animal meds. I have known, (am no longer aquainted with, BTW), people who would steal vet meds. This one guy used his dog's liquid valium. The poor animal had seizures, but his wife was able to get some meds to the dog before it died.

She hides the dog meds from hubby now.

mk

Old 11-05-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
(female)

4evaN6 HB User

OMG, that is truly sick that someone would do that --- and the fact that it is someone you trusted enough to let in your home is even more disturbing!!!

Please do not blame yourself for not having the forsight to know that someone would stoop so low. I don't think it would EVER have occurred to me to have to hide my pets medications!!! Hope you're able to replace them without any trouble...

Lisa

Old 11-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Yes, the addict demon can never be trusted. When this monster reaches a certain level of control in an individual, that person will steal money for street drugs, steal sick peoples meds, steal pet meds,...

A lot of posters report stealing meds from sick family members (IMO, an equal sin to taking pet meds).

However, once the addiction demon has been caged through recovery and honesty, then REAL healing can occur, and the addict can re-earn trust.

mk

Last edited by mk7657; 11-05-2007 at 01:13 PM.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
(female)

Magie5ft7 HB User
Red face Re: Can't believe someone would steal from me!

OMG this makes me sick

Old 11-14-2007, 04:25 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

hey W I R

have you resolved this issue? find out who did it? get more meds for your dog?

I sure hope so !!! God Bless !

Michelle

Closed Thread