It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
(female)

percproblem HB User
What is wrong with me?

I really do not understand what is wrong with me.
I really do want to get off the percs. I do. But i feel like i have no will power and now i am freaking out. I got another script from my dr. who is tapering me down. But i am not allowed to fill it till wednesday and that is the date he put on it. I was supposed to have enough to last me till wednesday, but of course, i took it all. Now i have one pill left.

Now i am freaking out. That means nothing for 2 days. I just don't get why i can't do this!!! I am so sad and depressed. I feel like total crap. I have no energy. I didnt get anything done that i needed to get done this weekend.
I am just sitting here and feeling sorry for myself.

How i am supposed to get off this crap when deep down i don't want to. Yet it is a paradox because at the same time i do want to quit. I am snappy and irratible. ANd i am so not social.
People keep asking what is wrong with me. And i never pick my phone up anymore.

I keep thinking that the pills are helping but i know that because i have been on them for so long that they end up making me not happy.

WHy can't i just get some strength and follow the taper?

Please help me.... I don't know what to do anymore. Eventually the scripts are gonna run out b/c the dr. thinks that i am following his taper.

Help!!

(Not so perky today)

Old 11-04-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User
Re: What is wrong with me?

If you need to go slower, do. Speed is not an issue here.

Call your doc and tell him the taper is too fast.

Stay strong,

Mike

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2007, 12:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: What is wrong with me?

I'm sorry for your pain. There is nothing wrong with you and so many have walked in your shoes before and even now. Don't worry about what others think and too bad you couldn't just take some time off away from everyone to go through some of the discomfort. You might try some over the counter Benadryl to help ease the discomfort of withdrawls or like the previous poster call you dr. office and tell them the taper is too quick for you. Dr can also prescribe some helpful medicines to ease withdrawal pains. But you need to tell him you are suffering. good luck

Closed Thread