It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
Anyone around?

????--just curious if anyone is trying to quick like me right now.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User
Re: Anyone around?

Hey Circle.. What's goin on? You trying to quit CT??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

yes --and its not going soo well right now. This is the tough time of night for me. I used to just pour a drink, pop a few pills and relax. I would lie if I didnt miss that. I do. I need to get pointed in the right direction. I cant get any pills anyway, so I dont know why I even dream? This whole work thing has really screwed up this detox this time. I have to be able to show up and produce tomorrow and for the next 6 days. That is why I am using the darvocet. Its all I have to stop the FULL WD's. The crazy thing is, I wish I was in full, so it would end soon. I have been here before and I have to look at the bright side. I am almost 2 full days without hydro. I havent done that in a while.

O

Old 11-05-2007, 05:08 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

and that's awesome! using darvacet in between is not cheating.. you cannot look at it that way. The first few weeks were very tough for me, switching from methadone to morphine to subutex. Have you thought about getting other things to make it easier for you? Like clonopin or something. You're right, you just have to see the positive side of things..

g8trgrl

Old 11-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
(female)

4evaN6 HB User

fullcircle,

Me too...and I'm in nearby N.J.

I quit cold turkey...no docs and no rehab...still hiding it from work and everyone around me. I managed to start my withdrawl on the weekend so that I could suffer through it alone. At work on the 3rd day, I just told everyone that I was coming down with a bad cold and they didn't even notice (other than me running to the bathroom often)...well, one guy was nice enough to point out how crappy I looked...

I am on my 11th day today without any pills...and feeling really good. The way I feel now was worth the first few days of hell. You should be really proud of yourself! Darvocet is much milder and a far cry from other pain meds and that is a huge drop...especially during a stressful time. So, pat yourself on the back and keep strong!

We can cheer each other on...

Lisa

Old 11-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #6
(male)

Wireman25 HB User

Circle

i too have been there i quit ct once and it is very painfull. You are on the right path i have been clean for a few months now and i feel great i used suboxone and it really helped me no wd's. We are all here to help and support keep up the great work remember you are worth it.

All the best

wireman

Closed Thread