It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User
I did a GREAT thing today - and I'm SO proud of myself...

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share something with you all, and would appreciate your comments

Today, I went to the pharmacy to pick up my Fentanyl patches. My doctor also perscribed 80 percocets to help with the transition (it will take a couple days to get the fentanyl into my body). However, my insurance wouldn't cover the percocets just yet, as I just had a script filled two days ago. I had dropped off both scripts yesterday (fentanyl and perks). So, the pharmacist gave my hubby 20 perks to get me through until the insurance would cover the script.

Today, there was a different pharmacist working, so I went to pick up the patches, and he said the percocets went through, gave me both scripts and I left. When I got to my car, I noticed the pill bottle said "80 tabs" and it did look quite full. I went back inside and asked him exactly how many he gave me. He said 80 tabs.

I then explained that my hubby picked up 20 yesterday, so he should have only gave me 60. The pharmacist who was there yesterday, was so rushed and forgot to leave a note on my file (regarding the 20 perks she gave me). My pharmacist knows I am an addict (I told him last week) and told me there was NO WAY they would have figured this out - not for at least a couple months when they ran inventory. He told me how proud he was for being honest, and also explained that an addict would NOT have normally admitted a discrepancy like this.

I am sharing this with you all, because I am SO proud of myself. I'll admit, it did cross my mind (need I say more?) but it is much too important to me, to stay on track and not relapse. 20 percocets would have made me feel pretty darn good, had I not admitted his mistake.

I came home and told my hubby right away, what had happened. He gave me a big hug and told me how proud he was of me. To hear that from my hubby and from my pharmacist - meant SO much at this time in my life. GrannyO (JB) wrote to me yesterday, telling me she admires my strength (I'm going through alot right now). That means more than anyone could ever know.

So thank you to all who have read this, I am so proud of myself. Its been a long time since I've said that

I hope everyone is having a great day. Its raining buckets here in Toronto today, the weather just sucks, but I feel like the sun is shining on just me

Regards,
emsmom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
(female)

percproblem HB User
Re: I did a GREAT thing today - and I'm SO proud of myself...

WOW!! I have to say, i really am so proud of you! I only hope that one day i can have the strength and courage to do what you did if i was put in that situation.

I know that i would have sat in my car and probably drove as fast as i possibly could out that parking lot feeling like i just won a million bucks!!!!!

You are amazing!!! And thank you for sharing because it really helps me to draw courage from what you did!

Old 11-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
(female)

redrockrag HB User

You should be proud of yourself. Your inner strength is showing. It does feel great. I'm in day 4 of no hydro and am really feeling run down, irritiable and tired. I just keep trying to tell myself that all the hydro in the world will not be enough and to just stop. You are a breath of fresh air. Being able to recognize your accomlishment is also a real sign that you are on a path that knows success.
rr

Old 11-08-2007, 02:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

percproblem,

Thank you SO much Again, it means more than you know - to hear such positive words.

It was rather hard to go back in there and admit the discrepancy, however since then, my pharmacist called me at home to thank me again - AND my doctor (perscribing doc) called and left a msg on my cell phone about how proud he was of me. The pharmacist called him and explained

I can't say I regret what I did, but I have been thinking "if I took them, I would be feeling pretty good right now" Although that may not be so good, I'm still SO happy I returned the pills

Thanks again

emsmom

Old 11-08-2007, 02:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

rr,

Thank you my friend That means so much to hear.

I wish you all the luck in the world regarding your recovery. You can do it. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it!!

Have a great day

emsmom

Old 11-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

jules3 HB User

That had to be hard to do...you better be proud of yourself.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #7
(female)

redrockrag HB User

You returniing those pills took courage. I would be kicking myself. Thanks for your kind words. Stay positive and strength will find a way. (I need to listen to my own words.....ahhhh).
rr

Old 11-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Emsmom

You are rocking, Girl. Big, big grins and a super high five to you.

Honey, you are getting "stronger and better everyday." ( That was my own mantra from my doctor as I went throug it all. You le God keep His arms wraPPED TIGHTLY around you through all of life's issues here... and in return, throw your arms up to Him in thanks. I just did!

Love and hope and HALLELUJAH!
reach

Old 11-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
(female)

4evaN6 HB User

WOW, good girl!!! Don't even second guess it...you SHOULD be proud...way to go!!!

Lisa

Old 11-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Jules and reach,

Thanks I'm having the best day, woohoo

Old 11-08-2007, 04:43 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

emsmom,
You simply amaze me!
Hugs,
JB

Old 11-08-2007, 05:12 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Thank you JB, I really admire you as well I hope you're having a great day. My hubby just came home - we're going to have a romantic dinner together (girls are at my moms ) then sit and chat for awhile. I've truly had a great day, and I am so thankful to be able to share it with you all.

Hugs,
emsmom

Last edited by emsmom; 11-08-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

hey em,noone is more prouder of you than me.you are an amazing person to be able to do what you did and you didnt even think twice about it,just took them back and made all us addicts look good.thank you so much,now maybe the pharmists will think twice about labeling addicts before they know someone {not saying yours did this,but in general}

this little big thing you did today tells me that you are going to beat your addiction to opiates and have a long happy life without pills.i could not have done what you did,just could not have done it,noway.you are one strong women and im glad that you have had a good day,you deserve one.now go give huby a good night,he deserves one to.we need more true stories like this on the board,it makes us all feel better and stronger.good luck em and have a "multiple" good night-spark

Old 11-08-2007, 08:22 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Hey spark,

You just made my day Honestly, hearing that from you made me even prouder

I did have a great night with hubby (heehee) and had such a good day. Thank you for your awesome words of encouragement. You are such a great person, and I always look forward to your replies

I put my first patch (fentanyl) on tonight. I'm a worried about the transition. I really hope its not too different, regarding the w/d's. From what I've read, its more potent than the oxy's so I hope it even itself out. Tomorrow is gonna suck, isn't it? Lol.

Have a great night, and thanks again

emsmom (K)

Old 11-08-2007, 09:56 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

naw tomorrow is fri. and you will be just fine,if not better than you were on oxy.dont woryy about it and you will be fine.if anything you might need a 25mcg rather than the 50.see how it goes you have nothing to worry about.if you do feel bad you got the perks,so take them.drs orders and sparks orders.good luck-spark

Closed Thread