It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

RetiredDirector HB UserRetiredDirector HB User
Unhappy Addicted Nephew

I'm not too sure where to start, but I need some help and information with a situation that is going on in my family. I have written in on these boards many times over the years and I am a Chronic Pain Patient myself. When my sister told me about my Nephew's Hydrocodone and Valium use, I could help and advise her, because I know quite a bit about prescription drugs. I'm on SSD (four years) and take Methadone daily for my pain problems.

Apparently, a couple days ago, my sister found or saw pieces of foil squares that were burned on one side in her son's room. I guess there were several and although they knew something was going on with drug use, they didn't have a clue as to what is was. My Nephew is 22 and lives at home, while going to school.

My sister called a drug hotline this morning for help and information as to what is going on and what, if anything can be done. They told her it sounded like he was sniffing the smoke from the foil and from her description it sounded like Meth or Black Tar Heroin. From my limited knowledge of the situation and what I have been able to reiterate to you, can anyone shed any light on the situation? He was doctor shopping and was addicted to Hydrocodone while going to school away from home. He ended up doing some jail time and in- patient detox, but if I understand things properly, this is the first time he has started buying off the street.

Any information or suggestions you can pass along would be greatly appreciated. Sorry about this being so vague, but they live over a 1,000 miles from us and I just got a phone call today.

Last edited by RetiredDirector; 11-09-2007 at 08:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jules3 HB User
Re: Addicted Nephew

Well hes probably addicted..and being addicted to opiates and benzos is tough..he probably needs an intervention and possibly re-hab...But he needs to want to give it all up and become clean.. When he was approached what was his re-action? my son is almost 22 and was using both benzos and opiates...when withdrawing from benzos he had seizures which is common from cold turkey withdrawing.. The problem is probably bigger than you think..Please keep posting..

Old 11-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User
Re: Addicted Nephew

it sounds to me like he was smoking methamphetamine.thats what the foil is used for,its what we call "hitting the foil".imo only it would be better to be crank than herion or opiates.crank is much much easier to get off of than the opiates.more investigation is needed here to be sure,but i think it is methamphamine.good luck-spark

Closed Thread