It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2007, 10:03 AM   #1
(female)

cam724 HB User
Unhappy am i already down that Road??????????help please

i just feel like i sit here and read all these threads and totally beat myself up....i have legitimate pain yet i feel like i am heading down a horrible road, or am i already there? i take 3 a day(percocet), so that my back does not hinder my life, i have a thoracic disc protrusion, small, but its hitting the nerve and it sux.....but i know i would be "sick" and w/d real bad if i went on them, simply because of a physical dependence that i did not intend to happen...as i sit here with my back pain starting to kick back in, i question myslef, over and over and over...should i take it? should i not? i am seeing a physiatrist on friday...i have seen neurologist, neuro surgeon, chiropractor, pain manangement(2 different) i have done everything to fix the pain....but yet i am just masking it everyday.....i dont want to withdraw and be sick in front of my kids, thats not fair to them....i did try not to take one yesterday and at like the 7 hour mark, i was dizzy, nauseas, etcccccc.......oh man what do i do????

Old 11-10-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User
Re: am i already down that Road??????????help please

you tell your fears to your prescribing dr and do as they say.if you got pain that wont go away then this is what opiates are made for.as long as you dont display addict behavieor you are not an addict,you are only dependent on the meds.there is a big difference in the two.dont worry,take your medication as prescribed and live life while you can.good luck-spark

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
(female)

redrockrag HB User

I had back surgery and as scarry as that is it was a miracle for me. Unfortunately, I still have pain but not the debilitating kind where I could not walk. Don't be afraid of the surgery, they have made great strides. Get second opinions. They will keep you on the meds forever until you tell them you are ready. It's their business. I still struggle with what is pain and what is abuse. I've been clean for about 10 days with a few slips but I'm still feeling good. Take care and see if you can't fix the problem.
rr

Old 11-12-2007, 06:38 PM   #4
(male)

imadeamistaka HB User

Do not beat yourself up! You have real pain and that drug allows you to function as normal as possible, use it just don't abuse it. It is when you start taking them for other reasons or with alcohol that it becomes a problem. I have had four back surgeries and now have a spinal cord stimulator that has allowed me to come off of the pain meds. it's only been six days but so far so good. I had been on narcotic meds for fourteen years off and on. I just had a friend that had major back surgery for scoliosis and came out of the surgery pain free! Do not give up hope !!

Take Care,
Jeff

Closed Thread