It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 08:02 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
How is everyone doing this morning?

Holiday/monday mornings are hard for me SINCE I HAVE TO WORK!! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Little Blue today, but happy that I am moving on. Stay on track--day to day. I am 8 days without hydro and at the end of a Semi-taper with codeine (2-4 tabs daily). CT this weekend and should feel pretty good in a few weeks. Totally clean. That will be great. I am actually excited and nervous at the same time about the NA meetings that I am going to go to starting next week. I hope that the people will be nice and that I fit in. This has to be a piece of the puzzle that I have missed over the years. Relapse is inevitable if you dont surround yourself with reminders of the disease.

O

Old 11-12-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User
Re: How is everyone doing this morning?

Hello my friend,

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well

I know all about the excitement and scared feelings (all at once). Its natural to feel this way. I'm "still" feeling excited/scared every day - because every day is a new day.

About the NA meetings...

When I went to my first meeting, I was SO scared. I was actually shaking as I entered the room. I walked in, saw ALL eyes staring at me, but when I looked at each individual (I did a quick scan of the room), their eyes were so inviting. They all welcomed me, one man even got up to give me his seat, and went to get another for himself. It was the best day of my life. I felt SO included, everyone wanted to know my story, there were hugs and love throughout the entire meeting. I've always been very close with my family, yet pretty shy whenever I socialized with new people. That night, I felt so confortable - like I was with my OWN family.

I heard different stories about where people were from, what drugs they used, how important NA was - and I can honestly tell you that I look forward to every meeting I go to.

I'm getting ready now, for a meeting tonight. I am excited to go and see whats new with everyone. I hope you enjoy your experience with NA...

Let us know what happens, and always remember how you feel today. There will be bad days, for sure, but you should always reflect on today

Love and hugs,
emsmom (K)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2007, 06:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi FullO

What's the story, Morning Glory? How are you doing today?

You know what? I think you are going to love NA. It is just us here on the board in real life! And you like us, right? And we like you, right? See? It is going to be great!

I wish you much, much happiness as you find permanent recovery. I believe that this true aftercare is the piece that has been missing for you in past attempts. I think this is going to enable you to never let go again of the happiness that comes in recovery. It will be a part of making you stronger, wiser, and steady in not abusing drugs. So much to look forward to, Buddy!

Hope today is a hopeful one for you
reach

Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Hey bud --all is well --last week of work before break. I basically go from 8:00 pm at night till about 4-5 pm the next day without any pills at all. The AM is a little weird and I get a little symptoms, but not bad. So total in the day is 1-3 codeine pills to keep the edge off. Not bad. Davocet is scary and yucky and in the toilet and I use simple sleep at night to get to sleep.

Reach --yes, after care is going to be the MOST important part. I have to force myself to go to the NA meeting. Such a small town, I just hope it isnt all AA folks. Only found 1 meeting in the WHOLE WEEK!! small towns suck.

O

Old 11-13-2007, 08:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi

Alcoholics, potheads, druggies, street addicts, mainstream addicts... who cares? Booze, drugs, food, sex.... addiction all stems from a common source of hiding ourselves away from something. gentle smiles.

I think you are not only going to gain a lot from the meeting, but you are going to be ablwe to offer a lot of experience, also. Recovery boils down to finding new, healthy ways to cope with stuff in our lives. Man, even in recovery, I have to work daily at this. I give up the drugs, but have been in an eating frnzy under some stresses latley. Just as dangerous and unhealthy, wspecially with my medical issues. So, while I am 'in recovery, ' I am by no means out of the woods in my life. And I am thinking none of us ever will be out of all woods in life because there sure are a lot of trees everywhere around us that can block our view when we allow it.

I am off to the doctor's for a re-evaluation of some health issues. Once again. Sigh. I sure could use some prayers right now to deal with whatever I have to... and maybe even more, to stop the negative thinking that it is something major. Frown.

reach

Old 11-13-2007, 12:46 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Reach my thoughts are with you and your appt. --Everything will be ok in the end. You are a special person with a huge heart. Once you get better and feel better lets get you back in TOP physical form --THAT IS WERE I can help YOU. Finally. Lets start one slow step at a time. How did the meeting go?

Closed Thread