It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 09:41 AM   #1
(female)

momeeof3 HB User
question about lortab

I have a friend that is addicted to lortab. She takes 20 10mg a day. She also takes methodone..not sure how many a day. We havent been friends for almost a year and just recently started talking again. After a few days she told me of her addiction. She said that she was ready to quit and i told her that i would help her the best i could. First she started tapering off for a week...she said she was taking like 6 lortab a day. She said she felt fine all week. SHe looked fine. Saturday and SUnday she said she didnt take any pills at all. SHe feels fine. She is eating and not having cramps. SHe cleaned her house both days and seems just as happy as can be. SHe seems amazed by how easy this was. Maybe im a horrible friend..but i dont believe her. I think she is lying to everyone. I have never been through this but from what I have read online i think she should be sick. Please help. I dont know what to do. We have only been "friends" again for a week. She is friends with my sister and appears to be lying about everything else. Not telling stories the same to both of us and lying about stupid things that make no sense. I just dont know what I should do at this point. SHe has begged for money all week and that is driving me crazy. Any advise would be appreciated.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:44 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User
Re: question about lortab

if it looks like an addict and acts like an addict i would say that it is an addict.
really, though, pretty much everything you've said sure sounds like she didnt quit at all. she WOULD be sick. she wouldn't have to tell lies if she were clean. And if it were me i wouldnt give her any money at all.... we both know what she wants money for, right?
When I got sober (before i relapsed i was sober for 5 1/2 yrs), i had a sponsor in AA. Well, she lived kinda far away and i needed a sponsor that i could see almost every day. so i got a new one close to home. well, a year passes and i havent seen my old sponsor in quite some time and she calls me outa the blue. says she misses me and just wants to see how im doing. so we start talking on the phone. 3 days pass and she says that she was robbed and needed to borrow some money till her next paycheck. buzzers go off in my head, so i told her i couldt cuz i didnt have any extra. (im thinking, if she's in AA shes got a million people she can ask beside me, why call me after a whole year and ask ME? ) Here i come to find out from mutual AA friends that she has relapsed and is back on the street shootin dope !!!
so trust your gut on this one, k?

And welcome to the board !!!! Let me know how things turn out, ok?

Take care,

Michelle

Last edited by oh-notagain; 11-12-2007 at 10:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
(female)

momeeof3 HB User

I agree. I wont be giving her anymore money..dont worry. I just dont know what to do at all. I dont know if I can deal with her. We quit being friends for alot of reasons and none of them were an addiction. All of the prior reasons i didnt want to be her friend are still there along with the addiction. I feel bad for feeling this way and wouldnt know what to say to her, but I just dont know if I can deal with her.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:21 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

As hard as it sounds, maybe some tough "love" would help, not only her, but you too.
I know just as much as the next person who tends to be passive aggressive ( ), the it might be easier to say it in writing. But write down your true feelings, in the kindest way possible. Try not to attack her behaviors and actions, but explain how they affect you in a negative way. I guess she could get really ****** at you and stop talking to you again. Or, if she has the ability to look past, she will see a friend who is trying to help her.
I really do wish you luck with this. But sometimes people dont change for the better if they are never faced head on with the way they are affecting the people around them. Because they are in denial, and they just dont see it. A practicing addict is selfish and self-centered. They cant see beyond themselves and their own needs. I know, I was there !!!!
Take care and keep me posted !!!

Talk soon,

Michelle

Closed Thread