It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
(male)

mark33 HB User
Sleeplessness is driving me crazy

It's been 48 hours now since I last took a vic. I am hardly getting any sleep at all. It's either anxiety attacks or restless legs with heart palpitations. My history is I've been taking 3 750s about 2 or 3 times a week for 2 years and for the past few weeks 5 every other day. Given this history can anyone tell me how long this sleeplessness will last? I have some Ativan maybe taking that will take the edge off. I don't know.

Thanks
Mark33

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

aussie_jono HB User
Re: Sleeplessness is driving me crazy

diphenhydramine, 50 - 100mg half an hour before bedtime

quite effective in helping you get to sleep and stay asleep, and totaly non habit forming

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2007, 01:51 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

ive been taking tonic water for the quinine it contains (apparently u can get it over the counter as quinine sulphate) this has help reduce that horrble restless leg feeling. i drank a litre last night and managed about 5hours sleep, whereas the previous night was between 1 & 2. tonic water tastes like crap but as its a fluid its got to be doing u some good flushimg your system out. hang in there mate.

keep on keeping on

yoss22

Old 11-15-2007, 05:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

Mark, the Ativan will take the edge off, but be careful if you use it. It is also very addictive and you don't want to replace one addiction with another.
Hang in there!
JB

Old 11-15-2007, 06:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Mark --once again --hang in there --it gets better each day little by little. Small increments. Make this YOUR MISSION. I will be right there with you in a few days. I hope that it wont be that bad. You have to mentally prepare yourself for the sick feeling. I just tell myself that I am sick and I am going to get better. It will take 4 days to feel a little better. ALL DAY. The only difference is that when you are sick sick, you can usually treasure your sleeping or "sleep it" off. That is the big difference here and THAT SUCKS . I love sleep. I have always said that --look back at my old posts (meddguy) and you will see that I have always treasured sleep. It drives me CRAZY when I wake up and I am DEAD tired and cant sleep. That is why I have planned a bunch of days off coming up. It will not bother me as much if I knw that I have no responsibilities during the day. Wake up --read a bit, watch a movie, get back to sleep, find a little nap time during the day. Take it when you can get it. KEY POINTS ---MUST DO'S --- Water!!! Tons of it. Pee all the time. Vitamins, multi, st. johns wort, Fish oil, B complex. IMMODIUM --3-4 tabs in the am. See how you do for the rest of the day. Simply Sleep at night before bed --it will give you a solid 4 hours of sleep.

I will keep in touch

O

Old 11-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #6
(male)

mark33 HB User

Thanks everyone for your advice and words of encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Thanks
Mark33

Old 11-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #7
(female)

Bonnie612 HB User

Hi - My name is Bonnie and this is my first post. I have been on Ativan for 17 years. I was up to taking 10 mgs. a day. I am now taking 6 mgs. but I am on 3 other meds to have accomplished that. I am so tired of all the meds I'm on. I am more depressed than ever - I just want to get off of everything and figure out who I am after all these years. Is there any humane way to get off ativan without this slow and tortureous procedure. Please Help!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Hi bonnie --why dont we do this --start your own post today and we will all respond to your question. We will leave marks post alone for him. Reach will be able to help a great deal --she is a master of getting off benzo's

O

Old 11-17-2007, 05:03 PM   #9
(female)

Bonnie612 HB User

Hi,
I knew I was doing it wrong by responding to Mark. This site is making me crazy! Can you please tell me how to do a brand new post. THANK YOU!

Old 11-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #10
(male)

mark33 HB User

Hi Bonnie,
There should be a button toward the bottom of the page on the left entitled "New Thread". Click on that to start a new thread.

Mark

Closed Thread