It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

KRISTIN39 HB User
How Long Does Suboxone Stay In Your System For

How Long Does Suboxone Stay In Your System For

Old 11-23-2007, 06:19 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Re: How Long Does Suboxone Stay In Your System For

hi kristin 39 - i think im right by saying it has a long half life. Seventy two hours.

hope this helps - if not there are some mighty clued up people on here who will correct my answer & point you in the right direction.

yoss22

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

I do believe that Yoss is right on da nose on this one.....or at least pretty darn close!
tat*

Old 11-23-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

hi! welcome. the half life is actually 37.5 hours, but the residual can last days depending on the dose you are taking. are you concerned about a drug test?
just wondering.

take care,

michelle

Old 11-24-2007, 03:42 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

darn internet - it has lied to me again! - hmm sounds like you have a test coming up. worried? i think if you search there may be ways around this. - thanks for the correction notagain - i knew some1 would know

keep on keepin on

yoss22

Old 11-24-2007, 07:08 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Actually.....

When I satted that Yoss was right on the nose, that came from my Pharmacist. He told me that even if I wanted to that I couldn't take any more opiates for three days after halting the Sub. (IF I ever wanted to).

But for some reason.....

I think I believe Michelle.

Damn Rite Aid.

tat*

Old 11-24-2007, 07:13 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

if you are worried about a drug test then the standard 5 panel tests that are usually given will not detect sub. you have to have a test that actually tests for suboxone/subutex (buprenephrine) for it to be detected. i just experienced that this is true b/c i recently took a drug test for a competition that i did last month. they did a test for performance enhancing drugs and opiates and the sub did not show up. so not only have i read about it, but tested it out !!!
hope this helps.

are you still there kristin?

michelle

Old 11-24-2007, 07:17 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

oh, and tat; yes that is correct. you wont get high on any opiates at all because the sub will still be bound to your receptors. depending on the dose you are taking, i believe 8mg, it doenst mean that its all gone in 37.5 hour, the half life means that its half gone in 37.5 hours, so the pharmacist is right. you will be able to feel the effects of opiates in about 72 hours or so.........
but dont try it, k?

you are DOING WONDERFULLY AND YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION TO ME AND MOST OF US ON HERE !!!!!

hugs,

michelle

Old 11-24-2007, 07:17 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Michelle....something tells me Kristin was a one shot deal....lol.... GOt the answer she was looking for....and *poof*.
ahhhh...they come n they go 'round here?
Cant be the company, can it?
LOL
tat*

Old 11-24-2007, 07:18 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

tat, thats funny, we were both posting to each other at the same time... LOL

m

Old 11-24-2007, 07:20 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

how are you feeling today? TAT? , yes, you!

Old 11-24-2007, 07:28 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian22 View Post
darn internet - it has lied to me again! - hmm sounds like you have a test coming up. worried? i think if you search there may be ways around this. - thanks for the correction notagain - i knew some1 would know

keep on keepin on

yoss22
you're welcome YO. nice to meet you !!!
have a great day today, take care,

michelle

Old 11-24-2007, 09:17 AM   #13
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

Hey Michelle.

Thanks for asking, I'm doing so-so today. Not a bad day persay, but not a good one either. Feeling a little sad n dreary (if you read the novel I worte on the other post, you may understand why) - feeling A LOT of pain.... Too much actually.

What to do? Dammit.

I neeeeeed PM, but cant get it. I wanna stay off the damn opiates, but not sure if I can. Well, I CAN, but can I (If that makes any sense at all).

I mean, I know I can stay off of them, I have proved that in the past few days. But can my body LET me stay off?

Why all of this around the Holidays?

ugh.

Tat*

Old 11-24-2007, 08:05 PM   #14
(female)

KRISTIN39 HB User
Question Re: How Long Does Suboxone Stay In Your System For

yeah..... i have random court ordered screens (weekly)
i had an abcessed tooth an was taking vicodin for some time for it
and now after three months the judge ordered me off even though i still have the same problem and am not seeing the dentist till the 27th, ive been weaning myself with the suboxone and feel great but.... i thought there were opiates in suboxone and it will show low levels of opiates in a u/a???? just a lil nervous is all, if found with a dirty screen i will do 60 days in prison
even though it was an rx and was fine for the last 3 mo but now its not ok????? BUT ANYWAY....i had 2 and a half 8mg. sb i took a whole 1 the first day then half for three days and thats all a total of 4 days so if i took my last half on fri i should be clean by tuesday??? i really appriciate your input!!
thanx......kristin

Old 11-24-2007, 09:50 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

if you took an 8mg pill then 37.5hours later if someone tested your blood specifically for buprenorphine{and it would have to be done like that}it would show that there was still 4mgs of bup in the blood stream.

it will take another 37.5hrs for the 4mg to leave the body,but as someone said upabove that some residual would still be left in the body to be washed away in the next few days,depending how long a person was used the drug.basically isaid everything that was said upabove but maybe easier to understand ummkay?

as for your last ?,dont worry about it,sub will not show up in the test you will be given,i promise.the u/a test that will show sub costs bunches of money,not your average test.your okay,quit while your ahead or i guarantee you a trip to the big house.nothin worse than to jones it out in jail.good luck-spark

Closed Thread