It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Wink hello my friends hello!

Yo - tat, g8tr,reach,capt,jerry,spark,ems etc etc - you know who you are

I hope things are going well guys - i hope you're all in fine fettle today?!
i apologise for lack of posts recently - internet connection down for a while/working for a living/being a dad/husband/brother/son has taken up most of my time recently. i feel "out of the loop" - so fill me in guys - leave me a post to let me know how you're all doing - even though ive not been online - you've been in my thoughts and agnostic prayers

whos first then????

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Old 12-11-2007, 09:48 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User
Re: hello my firends hello!

Hi,yoss.
see my post in Augirls "where is everybody" thread.
peace.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

I'm second!!

I've been doing well lately, thank you I went on a little mini-vacation with hubby and our two daughters. It was lovely. I'm in Toronto - the weather is getting miserable. Today, we had some freezing rain and a bit of snow...all the cars on the roads were slipping and sliding (lots of black ice) so there were alot of accidents.

How have you been? What are your plans for the holidays?

Hope all is well,
Hugs,
emsmom (K)

Old 12-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #4
(female)

muriel79 HB User

Hello, Yoss,

We don't "know" each other yet, but thought I'd say, "Hello!" and glad life is apparently treating you well. I'm new here at the board, but not new to recovery.

I see you've a fine sense of humor with your "agnostic prayers" comment.

Just wanted to offer my greeting. Hope to "see" more of you here when you've the time.

Muriel

Old 12-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

Im fourth !!!

Hi Yoss !! Good to see ya ! Ive been doing pretty well lately. Not trying to ween quite yet. But looking forward to getting down and off this sub starting in January !!
Other than that, i've just booked a trip to Puerto Vallarta Mexico with my girlfriend (no men, no kids) what more could you ask for? LOL

Glad to see you !!!!

Michelle

Old 12-12-2007, 05:54 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

hey! - things are sounding pretty dammned positive on here! - whooda thunk it?

1stly - Hi - muriel, its nice to meet you. as for not being new to recovery - we need all the combined experience we can muster in here! As for the sense of humour thing - my 'stand up' needs some more polishing before i win the perrier award

2nd - oh-not - i am green with envy - mexico for the hols!!! spare a thought and have few cervesas while thinking about all us while sunning yourself - sounds great - i'd love to go there with my girlfriend too, though i think my wife mught have something to say about that! - as for january and reducing - i know you hear a lot of contradictory opinions on the board (not intentionaly) but i have reduced on subs, from 16 - to 4mg in a couple of months and i had no real problem - i still worked everyday etc. just take it as easy as u feel like if you can. good luck - im sure you'll do great

3rd Jerry - hey mate, sorry to hear you're been put through the wringer at the moment bud - but it will get BETTER! honest. And as for;

" I know I'm still a F -ing user drug addict a**hole." - hey - i was told that that was the 1st step! knowing it! I actually have several trophies for being the "Worlds Biggest ****** Drug Addict A**hole" and they are starting to gather dust now! - i dont know a lot about the pills you're on but it sounds like you've made a huge step in the right direction man!

Different drugs - same path - just keep on the 'Right' one amigo & you'll be singing "zip a dee doo da " in no time (relativley) you've come this far! you can do it - crossing ma fingers for you mate.

Last but in no means least Ems - Glad to hear you managed to fit in a mini vacation with the family - somewhere nice i hope. Toronto was one of those places i heard of as a kid (from TV) that i had no idea where it was - but i always thought it sounded like the best place to be in the whole world to live!? no idea why - just did - you must promise us all that you'll drive carefully!

As for me - so-so. i relapsed a few weeks ago. Dont worry im not in an alleyway performing acts for sailors just yet! (they love a bit of shakespeare them sailors ) - i had 1 bag - and no more. the weird thing is that its been so long out of my system that it didnt have the usual effect - it made me feel like carp, groggy and i couldnt sleep due to the eternal itches/scratching that opiate use brings on sometimes - i just thought "why did i spend $40'000 a year on this carp" - i have been clean sibce and have no intentions of going back
Had a few major 'Life' issues thrown at me - but hey! what doesnt kill me can only make me stronger etc. Looking forward to a proper family xmas this year as last years was "the long dark xmas of the soul" - feeling good - doing fine and wisshing the same on all of you

thanks for your posts - thought i may have been ousted for not posting!

ps they may not let me post my musical requests anymore - doesnt mean i cant squeeze them in somewhere as the Neil Diamond topic name suggests

as ever

keep on keepin on

yoss22

Old 12-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Yoss! I thought you had went away!! Great to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear everything hasn't been all roses for you.. but I like your outlook. One relapse doesn't mean it's all over for you.. Just hop back on the wagon and keep truckin'. (One of our redneck sayings.. lol) I'm doing okay. Getting low on meds and not sure if the Doc is going to give more or what I'm going to do. I don't think I have enough left to taper. So that's my conundrum. i'm not going to panic or anything.. just whatever happens, happens. Fear is my biggest enemy because I'm scared to death of w/d's. But who's not? Anyway, glad to see you back on my friend!!!!

g8trgrl

p.s. - Did you see who won the Heisman?? LOL

Old 12-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

go g8tr! im sure if you explain to your doc that you're tapering then he'll at least see you through it? not sure what the score is with it in the states - over here they have a duty of care to fulfil esp if they've been prescribing for you. try and find a way of replacing that fear with a more positive thought (Now i know thats a hard thing to do - if you can master your fears you are totally free). i hope you are ok & doing well - aside from the pills that is?

i dont even know what a 'Heisman' is??? but im gonna take an educated guess and say the word 'Tebow' - somehow - i think im right.

keepin it real

yoss22

Old 12-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Hey Yoss,

Yes, it was a great mini-vacation. We went to Great Wolf Lodge - In Niagara Falls (Canada). You should look it up. It was so much fun. There's a "huge" waterpark inside the resort. 15 waterslides, 5 wave pools, an adult area with hottub and swim-up bar (I spent alot of time there lol). There's an arcade for the kids downstairs, 3 restaurants, 3 cafe's, a spa (the massases were fantastic) a wonderful gift shop - this place was Heaven

As for Toronto, I've lived here all my life so I'm sure I don't appreciate it as the tourists do, but there are some wonderful places here that I know I'd miss if I ever moved somewhere else. I feel the same way about New York city - that you feel about Toronto, so I have an idea how you feel I love NYC. I've been so often. I went one year for a "Girls' road trip" and had a great time.

Sorry to hear about your relapse, however its great to hear it wasn't too bad. Just get back on the horse and continue your path

Muriel - pleased to meet you I look forward to chatting, and hearing about your recovery.

I hope everyone is having a great day I am off to get ready for my daughter's Christmas Concert tonight Emily is SO excited, hubby and I can't wait to see her perform. She's in Senior Kindergarten, so I just love how the little ones smile, looking for the pride in their parents eyes Its worth every moment

Love and hugs,
emsmom (K)

Old 12-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

hey ems

its my sons nativity tomorrow he's 3yr old and refers to santa as 'Farmer Christmas' - i blame this on rural living - your mini vac sounded fantastic - im just about to enter the name of the place into the search engine that rhymes with shmoogle

As for NYC - i did the new year thing there 3 yrs ago (b4 the boy was born) with my wife - we both loved it - me more so. tho the new years celebration was a bit of a 'damp squib' as we say this side o the creek not much happened after the countdown - i'd never seen a million people dissapear so damn quick! ! toronto is on my 'To do' list (then again so is going on the 1st flight to space and bagging the seat next to stephen hawkins!) - one day!

keep on keepin on

yoss22

Old 12-12-2007, 12:11 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hiya Yoss

I am a honkin' and a sneezing and a coughin as I write my hello to you. Ahhhh...hhhhhh...CHOOOOOOOOOOO! Honk. Honk. Excuse me. Winter cold, I do believe. However, all in all, everything is pretty okay here.

I like the laughter of your words, Yoss. laughter can be such a blessing. Smiles. Ummm.. as long as we don't hide behind it. I did for a long time. Do you ever hide behind laughter, Yoss? Ever hide your pain with it? Sometimes I just have a strong feeling that you do. Oh, I enjoy the humor that is so uniquely yours for sure. Just wondering... ( being nosy I guess is the bold truth. Smiles.).

I am enjoying the season. Singing the songs with my grandbaby and dancing as we do. The packages are almost wrapped and , I can NOT believe I am writing this, but I think I am going to make some cookies. Hahahaha. You would have to know how much of a Betty Homemaker I am not to understand how absurd those words are. This year, this year, I am enjoying the celebrating. Oh, man, I have longed for this for so many years and here it is! SO, what the hey, I think I will throw some cookies into my new life here. I am retired, don't think I am going to be able to work anymore on a steady basis, so I might as well make the most of this special time in my life. Grandma Reach.... and I am enjoying it to the hilt. HO, HO, HO... Santa and me this year. Chuckles.

Stay in touch with us, Yoss. You grace us with your presence.

Hugs
reach

Old 12-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Hey Yoss,
Yeah, the Heisman is a US trophy for the best College Football Player. It's a very big honor and he got it. Sigh... wish I could've been there to congratulate him. HE HE. Just kidding.
Yeah, I know I can do the taper, my fear is just the Dr. I don't know how he's going to handle it. But I won't know until he gets back from vacation... UGH. Dr's shouldn't be allowed to go on vacation.

I'm sure I will talk to you again soon.. Everything else is going.. I just try to remember to take things one day at a time. It helps.

See Ya!
g8trgrl15

Old 12-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Hey Yoss

You should get to Toronto someday It really is a wonderful place. I know I take advantage of my city, and don't always appreciate what I've got here, but its such a great place for tourists. Every time a friend or family member comes to visit (for the first time), they leave SO happy. There's so much to offer here. Take the time and look up Toronto - as a tourist attraction. You'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

I am going to see one of my addiction doctors tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, as I always do - moreso just to see how proud they are when I talk about my progress. I'll come back and let everyone know how it went

Have a great night, Yoss And I hope everyone else is having a great night

Hugs,
emsmom (K)

Old 12-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #14
Veteran
(male)

tat2duser HB User

LOL EmsMom.... My Mommy is a manager of some sort here at the Great Wolf Lodge in ScotRun PA. They're GREAT places.... A tad bit 'spensive though.... This one here is upwards of $400 a night. WOW. And I myself am only about 50 minutes outside of NYC....the absolute BEST city in the world!!

How;s everyone doing tonight????

tat*

And Yoss Buddy....well, catch my otha post. LOL.......

Old 12-13-2007, 06:28 AM   #15
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

hey reach

in many ways you may be right about hiding behind a smile - a high percentage of 'clowns' are in fact deeply sad people! I probably have a lot to be sad about - but then again, i also have a great deal to be happy about. i hid my deep sadness with heroin. i dont think i laughed much during this time ( i didnt cry either as you probably know) . I love laughter - and i have missed it so much. there is humour in everything and i think you're right - and i have said this in a previous thread somewhere that 'humour is the ultimate panacea' - i actually might have said that about music too! but you get where im coming from. if people just laughed a bit more then the world would be a happier place straight away. as long as you're not hiding behind the smile.

People say I'm the life of the party
Because I tell a joke or two
Although I might be laughing loud and hearty
Deep inside I'm blue
So take a good look at my face
You'll see my smile looks out of place
If you look closer, it's easy to trace
The tracks of my tears..

replace the last words 'of my tears' with 'on my arms' - theres probably a lot of truth in there.

keep on keepin on

yoss22

ps ems - hope your visit to the docs went well? let us all know!

Closed Thread