It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
(female)

stupdgrl77 HB User
newbie needing help

please help me, my bf is on/off(i think sometimes off) again heroine user. I am slowly dying inside. as bad as this is for him and you all, i feel like i am dying. he is pretending now that he is 'clean" only suboxone and an occasional opiate pill but i after finding white powder on his nose and licking it i think(almost sure) that its still dope. PLEASE ANSWER thIS IF YOU KNOW IN YOUR RESPONSE: NOW my question is WHY and is it possible to snort a pill (what he claimed it was) without getting sick or just snort a pill to get high (wouldnt suboxene block it) If he is taking suboxone?? he is THE BEST liar!!! his lies are rampant, i dont even think he wants to get clean, we love each other too much and he wants to stay with me as i want to stay with him so he just lies. and swears on us and our love. ive tried saying i dont want this life and that if he does he is on his own. he lies about everything but he is the love of my life. i see beyond this and know who he is and want to help him but i am worried that he doesnt want to get better. his dad and brother also live a sick disgusting life full of drugs, this may not seem crazy to him as it does for me. i am ready to have an intervention with his mom and family. he has been to rehab before and HATED it and obviously it didnt do anything.. everytime he relapses he makes promises to me and doesnt follow through, to go to meetings, counselor, last time he said he surrenders and ONLY went to TWO MEETINGS i feel like a fool hence the name stupdgrl, ive never trusted anyone and is an out of controll liar!!!! and then the excuses come, this has happend like 4times in 8 months!!! I NEED HELP, HE needs helps. i am NOT going to live a life like this. i work too hard and perservere through MY hard times. i know that im not an addict but what can i do to MAKE HIM DO THIS . i am hanging on by a thread. please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Re: newbie needing help

hi stupdgrl

1st of al -YOU aint stupd! ok? you are obviously a very kind,patient,caring,compassionate person to put up with this behaviour.

2ndly - im almost certain that powder on his nose will have been crushed subs (subutex - crushed and snorted gives some people an opiate 'high' and is the current drug of choice in prison here in the uk. im pretty sure that suboxone would do the same). If it was heroin it would be light to dark brown (or at least it is the uk).

3rdly - im afraid being the best liar is par for the course with being an out of control heroin addict - my wife would agree with all you have said TOTALLY!
if you suspect he's lying about the subs - then ask to see them! you want to see the packet that bears his name on it etc. also dont let your guard down - suspicion/intuition is your greatest strength at the moment (though it may show you that he hasnt changed and is hiding the truth from you - i hope this isnt the case)
Have it out with him! give him the chance to clear the air of any lingering bulls**t and tell him that you're there for him 100% IF he really wants to get clean.
before i offer more advice - could i be bold enough to ask you - how old you both are? and how long you've been together? it may seem an odd request but it plays a major part in the advice that i offer.

i sympathise with your plight - there is plenty of help out there for the addict but none for the partner - keep us posted as to how you're getting on and how things are going?
this board is full of people from different walks of life who will be able to look at your story from different angles and all will offer you their support and advice.

i hope this helps for now.

hang in there

yoss22

keep on keepin on

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Closed Thread